To ask wtf was this?

(15 Posts)
Abbinob Wed 20-Jan-16 13:30:03

I had this big lump thing under my right rib cage for years, always a bit scared it was a tumor bit too scares to find out, it seemed to come and go and caused pressure/pain but only very mild discomfort.
So the other night I found it and poked it, it made a weird popping feeling and sort of vanished and now I can't find it confused

honeysucklejasmine Wed 20-Jan-16 13:31:15

I do think a doctor might be your best bet.

LittleLegs25 Wed 20-Jan-16 13:37:19

Possibly a cyst?

PurpleDaisies Wed 20-Jan-16 13:39:02

A cyst sounds likely but you really should make an appointment to see your gp.

Topseyt Wed 20-Jan-16 13:39:29

You need it examined by a doctor.

Abbinob Wed 20-Jan-16 13:40:46

No idea but it didn't hurt when it vanished and its gone now so I don't think my gp will be able to do much.
Plus I was at the drs for what I thought was pelvic inflammatory disease but turned out to be constipation so I want to spare him another of my paranoid trips blush

RandomMess Wed 20-Jan-16 13:41:37

Ganglion cyst?

LaPharisienne Wed 20-Jan-16 13:42:16

Lol at PID turning out to be constipation - I bet you made the doctor's day!

Did she manage to keep a straight face when she broke the terrible news that you just needed a big poo?!!!!

ricketytickety Wed 20-Jan-16 13:42:40

None of us can tell you but a doctor can. Take that step now - phone the surgery and book an appointment and don't talk yourself out of it.

ricketytickety Wed 20-Jan-16 13:44:05

You aren't wasting anyone's time - constipation is condition and they like giving good diagnosis so they won't mind if it's good news!

PurpleDaisies Wed 20-Jan-16 13:46:08

Your gp won't be annoyed-if you've got a random lump it really needs looking at. Even if you can't feel it any more, tell then where it was and let them see what's there.

NinaSimoneful Wed 20-Jan-16 13:53:45

It's dissappeared? I don't wish to alarm you but it may be now internal. Check with the doc just to be on the safe side.

UnderTheF1oorboards Wed 20-Jan-16 13:56:44

I had a lump in my neck that sounds just like that. I got it removed and it was found to be an adenoma - pre-cancerous. Go to the doctor.

thecitydoc Wed 20-Jan-16 16:26:24

you thought it might be a tumour but too scared to find - cannot understand that. Most cancers caught early can be cured - you should never be too scared to see GP about unexplained lumps in the body - most will be safe and disappear like yours, probably a cyst, but some will not be and need to see PDQ. If it comes back please go to see your GP

Abbinob Wed 20-Jan-16 17:09:45

I know not going to the gp att first was stupid but I was only 16 and my parents took the piss because I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so was a bit embarrassed to go, then I worried if it was a tumor I'd left it too long and was scared to find out blush im an illogical wimp about things like that, had health anxiety to a trip to the gp can make me freak out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now