to think London is the greatest city in the world?

(11 Posts)
marghini Sun 10-Jan-16 23:42:38

I moved to London around a year ago, after living in Milan, Paris, Copenhagen, Beijing, Hong Kong and Taipei. I instantly fell in love with this city and never want to leave.

Whenever I take a walk around London I am just blown away by how beautiful this city is and how much it has to offer. Awesome museums, restaurants, events, parks and shops, there is nothing I can't get here.

Its multicultural vibe istantly made me feel comfortable even though I am
not from the UK.

What else could I want more?

Sorry for my long rant but I just love London too much and wanted to share it with you mumsnetters blush

CerseiHeartsJaime4ever Sun 10-Jan-16 23:46:54

I love it too. Born here and couldn't ever leave. It is so embedded in who I am, my family roots, I just love it.

Am going on maternity leave soon so won't be in central so much, so I will have to make do with my Northern/East corner.

M00nUnit Sun 10-Jan-16 23:47:14

I'm glad you feel that way! I've lived in London for 22 years and I love it.

SuckingEggs Sun 10-Jan-16 23:48:07

Born and bred Londoner. Then priced out after 40 years. Miss it so much.

claptomania Sun 10-Jan-16 23:48:30

It's wonderful. I love it too. Nice to hear marghini.

CerseiHeartsJaime4ever Sun 10-Jan-16 23:48:38

The only other city I have loved so much was Berlin. I could probably live there.

liinyo Sun 10-Jan-16 23:49:43

I was born in Greater London and have always lived here and I love it too. There is so much to see and discover and so much history. When I used to commute I would walk across London Bridge every morning and look at the view and marvel that I was being paid to be there.

That being said London is incredibly expensive and there are other marvellous cities around too. I love Belfast, Brighton, Lille, Cologne and New York to name just a few.

I am glad you are enjoying living here. It makes me feel proud x

Bunbaker Sun 10-Jan-16 23:54:14

Yes YABU. I grew up in Greater London and worked in the city and then the West End when I left school.

I escaped to Yorkshire at 21 and have never regretted it. London is fine to visit, but even large sums of money wouldn't make me want to live there.

Decanter Mon 11-Jan-16 00:02:05

I love it too. DH and I met whilst working there. We were so fortunate young, fab jobs, well paid, set up in swanky apartments - DH's in the city and mine in Covent Garden. We had a fab few years even if we really didn't appreciate what we had at the time. 14 years and 2 kids later we are off to London next weekend to revisit the old haunts, I can't wait. I adore the place, and growing up, it was never really anticipated that London would be part of my life. I genuinely feel blessed that it was and is part of my life. I can't wait!!!

sotiredofthis1 Mon 11-Jan-16 00:08:17

After almost 20 years here I love many things about it too.

I also regularly think I want to leave however, as it can feel and be utterly exhausting. I feel oddly burnt out though maybe that's more connected to my life than living in London confused.

Am sure I would miss many things if I left.

ukfirestorm Mon 11-Jan-16 00:09:03

Love tobe ableto live there again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now