To have an inappropriate crush on Arsene Wenger?

(21 Posts)
IfYouLeaveMeNow Sun 24-Aug-14 21:51:09

Anyone else? My husband thinks I enjoy watching football with him for the game....not true!!

LadyRabbit Sun 24-Aug-14 21:56:32

You are not alone. He is old enough to be my Dad and yet I find him strangely charismatic and attractive. Oh and when he speaks with his lovely Franche accent. Ooh la la!

TalcumPowder Sun 24-Aug-14 22:01:23

I think a lot of women go for that 'tormented French economics professor' kind of look. And he hasn't got the big, red-faced drinker's head on him that seems to feature so often in a puffa jacket on the touchline. Or whatever it's calked. Dugout? Bench? Football wings?

Sorry, I'm a Gooner and I'm still saying ewwwww

Massive affection, yes, actual crush? no no no

I am liking the rockabilly look that's taken over the team though. Aaron Ramsey used to look like a choirboy, now he's vaguely interesting looking smile

missbishi Mon 25-Aug-14 00:16:55

YANBU. He's definitely got a certain charm. Plus he's hung on to his job for 18 years. Wish I felt the same about Brendan Rodgers though....

SecretRed Mon 25-Aug-14 01:28:45

Yabvvvvvvvu

IMNOTYOURBABES Mon 25-Aug-14 01:59:04

YABVU!
yuk
yuk
yuckyyuk!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 25-Aug-14 03:20:34

I've had 2 very inappropriate crushes.

Gary Neville
Edwin Van der Sar

<hangs head>

Lifesalemon Mon 25-Aug-14 03:50:24

No, not Gary Neville, talks like he's got a permanent cold, Gary Lineker definitely!!!
I had a thing for Tim Howard too (everton goalie) but not since he's grown that ridiculous beard.

member Mon 25-Aug-14 04:02:59

You're one sick puppy !

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 25-Aug-14 04:08:53

My lust for Gary went on for 18 years.

missbishi Mon 25-Aug-14 04:35:42

The Special One is quite tasty...

Keletubbie Mon 25-Aug-14 07:54:27

That's disgusting.

However, Jose Mourinho is utterly delicious.

FlintAndTinder Mon 25-Aug-14 07:57:19

I love Arsene. Whenever he gets annoyed, he flaps his arms by his sides like a penguin. We used to have season tickets right behind the bench, when you could only see the back of his head you could still tell his expression by his body language.

ForalltheSaints Mon 25-Aug-14 09:14:51

I know a couple of women who think similarly, and many more have thoughts about Jose Mourinho.

littledrummergirl Mon 25-Aug-14 09:38:26

Eeuuugh!
Uck
icky poo.
No no no no no
yabvvvvu

Yes I could go with that. There is a certain tingling when he gives his post match interview... (also a Gooner)

shakethetree Mon 25-Aug-14 10:42:43

I can't say you're being unreasonable because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but honestly, if he was the last man on earth I still couldn't.

Jose Mourinho on the other hand......Mmmmm

pandarific Mon 25-Aug-14 10:50:05

I feel your pain. No idea who he is but he's quite dishy in a 'cultured gent' sort of way. ;) (My inappropriate crush of the minute is Sue Perkins, and I usually like men.)

Didactylos Mon 25-Aug-14 10:50:10

I do not share your tastes
but i do have a video for the thread

www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4cvWZ7KXQ

LadyRabbit Mon 25-Aug-14 11:11:52

This is especially for you (and I), OP

eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now