Honest opinions... Non AIBU.

(45 Posts)
Altinkum Tue 05-Aug-14 18:45:47

According to my friends I am really good at crafts, I've got my own business doing sweetie crafts --being vague as don't want to be accused of promotion my business) however a friend asked me to do assemble a baby bouquet for her... First time doing it, never seen one before either.... Copied a "style" from google.

You can tell me I'm BU and it's completely shite! Which sort if makes it AIBU worthy thread, I just don't to give it to her if it's crap.

Altinkum Tue 05-Aug-14 18:46:57

Fooking iPhone auto correct... blush

Altinkum Tue 05-Aug-14 18:47:29

Fooking iPhone auto correct... blush

AlpacaMyBags Tue 05-Aug-14 18:50:05

I got one of these and thought it was really cute - it was little babygros folded into roses. I think it's really nice, although the greenery detracts a bit from it so I might take that out.

LemonBreeland Tue 05-Aug-14 18:50:47

That looks lovely. Definitely not crap.

Toooldtobearsed Tue 05-Aug-14 18:52:05

I think that looks lovely! Would definitely be very much appreciated heresmile

EllaFitzgerald Tue 05-Aug-14 18:52:24

Very sweet, but I'm not keen on the foliage.

ApocalypseNowt Tue 05-Aug-14 18:52:44

I like it!

Frogisatwat Tue 05-Aug-14 18:52:47

Its fab!

sonlypuppyfat Tue 05-Aug-14 18:55:08

Very cute.

LizzieMint Tue 05-Aug-14 18:56:43

Agree, definitely take the leaves out, and the figures? Can't quite see what they are in the pic. Simple is better I think.

Bearbehind Tue 05-Aug-14 18:57:43

It's a lovely idea but the foliage/ animals make it look a bit naff IMO (sorry- you said you wanted honest opinions)

How does it look without them?

Could you make 'leaves' out of some of the fabric in the babygros?

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 05-Aug-14 19:00:19

I think it would look great if the fabric 'flowers' where squashed closer together and without the foliage. It would look more like a rose bouquet IYSWIM.

Altinkum Tue 05-Aug-14 19:03:39

Can't make leaves out of baby clothes but can with tissue? , figures are family items, they we're her daughters from when she was a teen who is having the baby....

I agree about the greenery, it's a bit naff

Altinkum Tue 05-Aug-14 19:07:37

Thevehicle that's what I tried to do, but the polystyrene and the sticks just bend away from each other and when I ties a piece of sting round them, all the "rosettes" lost their shape.

First time, needs a lot of fine tuning blush

Bearbehind Tue 05-Aug-14 19:08:29

Maybe have the tissue and some cellophane around the outside like a real bouquet would be- then it would be amazing.

I'd give the figures separately- it's a nice idea but they look odd in the bouquet.

Nanny0gg Tue 05-Aug-14 19:34:37

Agree with previous posters. My DiL had one with baby socks, no foliage.

It was lovely (thought they were real 'fake' flowers at first!)

ConcreteElephant Tue 05-Aug-14 19:46:43

Oh, we had one of these for DS from DH's work colleagues. It was great, really useful - it had baby gros, vests, hat, scratch mitts, bib, socks... It had a little bit of green but mainly different sized flowers were made from different sized clothes. It was fun to unravel. Yours looks lovely.

Ours came from Baby Blooms. There are some good images on there.

syne Wed 06-Aug-14 00:31:03

looks ok, but (depending on the taste of the intended recipient) swop the greenery out for somthing else, tissue paper flowers was a good idea as was the celophane to make it more bouquet-like.

We got something like this recently where the babygrows had been wrapped/folded to resemble a box of cupcakes.

Shazam24 Wed 06-Aug-14 00:35:01

Aw that is lovely!

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Wed 06-Aug-14 00:37:50

I think it's great op. Well done.

wafflyversatile Wed 06-Aug-14 00:48:57

Definitely better than the ones the OP found and posted on here about!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/a1818827-To-be-a-bit-freaked-out-by-this

itiswhatitiswhatitis Wed 06-Aug-14 01:00:46

Pmsl at that link waffly grin

musicalendorphins2 Wed 06-Aug-14 01:22:58

Better than I could ever do OP! If you go to youtube there are lot of tutorials that may help you, for other baby gift items you may be interested in as well.

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 06-Aug-14 01:26:42

It's lovely- but I don't like the foliage. Perhaps use little green socks to create a leaf effect?

I'd just clump them all together and make it look like a proper rose bouquet rather than a mixed one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now