To start a new term at the Chalet School?

(999 Posts)
Vintagejazz Fri 06-Jun-14 14:23:08

Happy for this to be moved to Chat if posters agree but thought I'd start it here as this is where we've all been loitering without permission when we should be doing our housework homework.

So welcome to a new term everyone. Cases upstairs to the dormitories, form lists on the notice board. And you'll all be pleased to hear that even though we've moved to a different location, Joey has tracked us - -down-- moved in next door, so we'll still be seeing too much plenty of her smile

fairnotfair Fri 06-Jun-14 14:26:58

I can't find my dormy on the list. Am I in Gentian or Leafy?

WilsonFrickett Fri 06-Jun-14 14:29:24

fair you have the window cubey in Gentian, you lucky thing you. Mary-Lou is dormy prefect to, which is just smashing. Can't stop, just marking my place as Matey needs me for unpacking. Can't wait to see what my guardian has forgotten this year - what a scream!

Tinuviel Fri 06-Jun-14 14:30:34

Did Gaudenz, Eigen or Jockel carry the cases up? I am too weak and feeble to carry my own - I might even faint or gasp!

WilsonFrickett Fri 06-Jun-14 14:32:11

Poor Jockel, you know (as Jack Maynard frequently reminds us) he's not all there

You've got a guardian, Wilson? I can't even remember who's meant to be responsible for me as I haven't seen my parents in several years, but it's all okay because Joey has adopted me and renamed me Nigel, short for Posy.

fairnotfair Fri 06-Jun-14 14:41:19

Mary-Lou's my dormy pree? Bollocks... I mean, what a disappointment. I'm just going to take off my hat and smooth my skirt with the fingers of a Frenchwoman. (Don't ask where I got them, cos I'm not telling.)

Vintagejazz Fri 06-Jun-14 14:54:44

Apparently I'm an ornament of Upper Fifth this term. I see there's an excursion up some snowy mountains planned for Sunday so that should get the new term off to a good start smile

DeWee Fri 06-Jun-14 15:16:37

Runs in quickly, in an unladylike fashion and skids on polished floor.

Plans to hide in library with a good book when Vintagejazz has her expedition.

Downamongtherednecks Fri 06-Jun-14 15:20:52

My trunk hasn't arrived! My aunt is AN ARTIST you know, and I can't contact her except through the bank.

Summerbreezing Fri 06-Jun-14 16:01:10

Lovely to be back. Matey's just given me a nice mug of warm milk <yaaawn>. No idea why I always feel so sleepy during term time. Must be all the studying and Swiss mountain air.

SelectAUserName Fri 06-Jun-14 16:14:26

Just humping my plumeau and marking my place. Off to Kaffee und Kuchen!

WilsonFrickett Fri 06-Jun-14 16:17:12

Mind you hump your mattress Select. I think there's a new girl and it wouldnt do for her to get off on the wrong foot. Miss Annersley misses nothing (as she has eyes which have never yet needed glasses).

Skips off as lightly as a girl, speaking.... Inuit, as today we may speak whatever language we like.

schokolade Fri 06-Jun-14 16:19:15

Step away from the drugged warm milk Summer!

Summerbreezing Fri 06-Jun-14 16:20:15

I can't decide what my hobby is going to be this term. I'm tired of making jigsaws so it will probably be either embroidery or lacemaking. Or maybe I'll just concentrate on my collection of figurines, which is coming along nicely.

Summerbreezing Fri 06-Jun-14 16:23:18

I think you're just jealous Shokolade. Apparently Miss Annersley and Bill decide which girls are special enough to be permanently sedated given daily warm milk at the beginning of term, and I am obviously one of the chosen ones.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Fri 06-Jun-14 16:28:25

Oooh, I see I am ornamenting Alpenrose this term. (Are we in Switzerland, btw? If we're in Tirol I'll be in Yellow) I'll just unpack my trunk before joining in the mattress-humping.

GGBP did publish Three, btw - it must be out of stock. Does anyone know if the transcript of Shocks is the Armada version or not, btw? If it's Armada I won't bother re-reading it.

I didn't want to come here at all, but my mother's married a doctor and fucked off to India to oppress the natives so I am dumped here. I shall refuse to come to Kafee and Kuchen because I want to hide in the library and read the copy of Das Kapital I smuggled in to school in my hatbox.

Tanith Fri 06-Jun-14 17:26:17

Fines, please, SGB, Wilson, Fair and Posy-I-mean-Nigel. "Smashing" and "Okay" are definitely on the Index this term and I've never heard of the other words <officious sniff> so they must be slang!

EEasterChick Fri 06-Jun-14 17:33:54

Well Tanith we know you lead all of our crowd by the nose, with your slim grace and serious eyes. SGB I suggest you retire, squashed.

DeWee Fri 06-Jun-14 18:00:34

Tanith is the outside of enough!

Can I be in the same dormy as SGB, please. I am sure she would be great fun to know and will lead me into all sorts of fun mischief I will be able to 'do sheepdog' for her, and will teach her how to be a proper Chalet girl. grin

SelectAUserName Fri 06-Jun-14 18:32:53

Well Tanith, if you think I'm going to change my hairstyle just because you've switched from your Kenwigses, then that's where your toes turn in!

DorisAllTheDay Fri 06-Jun-14 18:38:56

There doesn't seem to be room for my 19 party frocks in the cupboard. confused

DorisAllTheDay Fri 06-Jun-14 18:40:06

Summer, do you want to help me make a scrapbook? The poor children will so love looking at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now