To judge someone on their toilet ?

(242 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Tue 22-Apr-14 18:35:53

I know I probably am...

I am no snob, but ...

Jesus Christ, what is it with folk and not cleaning their shitters?

I immediately lose alot of respect for someone who has a filthy toilet. Ok, so a one off fine. Esspecially of kids live there. But I have been to a few mates houses and their toilet is always filthy. I now cannot eat there and always equate them as being grotty :/ its awful, I know.

Am I abnormal? AIBU?

YANBU. There's no excuse for skids in the pan

CrystalBeth Tue 22-Apr-14 18:38:14

YANBU I find it disgusting when I visit someone's loo and I'm confronted by shit smears of several different shades that have obviously been there a while. I don't understand people who think like that, I'd be MORTIFIED if someone saw poo marks in my loo.

LadyMaryLikesCake Tue 22-Apr-14 18:39:59

Nope, that sounds fair. My house is a little cluttered (books) but my loo is always clean, a bottle of bleach isn't expensive. Some people have real issues with lime scale in the loo though, which makes it look filthy and it can be a pain to get rid of, just saying.

SomethingAboutNothing Tue 22-Apr-14 18:40:20

Hmm my initial thought is if a few of your friends are like that maybe your standards are a little too high? But no, YANBU to expect people to clean their toilets.

One woman I know doesn't appear to ever clean either of her toilets - majorly grim and definitely means I avoid the cakes at coffee mornings! Though the hygiene of her house is pretty shocking anyway, and I say that as someone that could do with cleaning the house a bit more often.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Tue 22-Apr-14 18:41:37

I literally would DIE a thousand deaths if my toilet was poo smeared ... I once used my loo after a mate and it had pop stains ... In my naïveté i apologises to her and said it must have been dh! Turns out it was her!! I was totally mortified for the both of us... And utterly confused as to how someone could be so blasé about pooing in my toilet and leaving skidders!

EatDessertFirst Tue 22-Apr-14 18:42:00

YANBU. There is no excuse for a filthy toilet. I always squirt bleach in mine if I'm expecting guests. Luckily, my bathroom is always clean as its a downstairs one right next to the kitchen.

GoodnessIsThatTheTime Tue 22-Apr-14 18:42:13

Limescale is a real problem here. Yanbu about the loo BUT it doesn't mean the kitchen is the same. You're not touching or eating or if the toilet. Not eating there would be a bit odd.

Fresh skids ok if they have children as the little buggers never tell you when they have left a mess, but dried on crusty skids that have obviously been there a while or skanky dried on drops of piss all over the seat, yeah I would judge

Hassled Tue 22-Apr-14 18:44:23

YANBU. There are times our house looks like a hovel but the loo, the bathroom sink, the kitchen worktops and the kitchen table are always clean. It takes moments.

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Tue 22-Apr-14 18:44:39

Goodness I know it is unfair ... But I just cannot help feel they must be filthy everywhere if they don't bother to clean their loo properly ...

CoffeeTea103 Tue 22-Apr-14 18:45:16

Yanbu, a kitchen and toilet is a must clean area!

Fairylea Tue 22-Apr-14 18:46:45

Yanbu. No excuses for a mucky toilet. Just horrid.

GiveTwoSheets Tue 22-Apr-14 18:47:07

Your friends have obviously read threads on mn about how disgusting it is owning a toilet brush

Anyway off to go scrub my toilet with my proudly owned bog brush.

LadyMaryLikesCake Tue 22-Apr-14 18:48:37

It's disgusting to own a toilet brush? confused Even if it's doused with bleach after it's used?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 22-Apr-14 18:49:14

I agree. My house isnt spotless but the toilet doesnt have 'signs of use'.

I have a lovely friend and for some reason she doesnt seem to clean her toilet. I dont just mean skid marks. I mean dried pee spots and yucky crud/ pubic hairs on and around the seat and on the rim (the seat is often up when i go in). What's worse is she rarely has soap or a towel in there so i know that all that crud is being spread around the house. I dont get the dirty seat/rim though. You can wipe it with a 5 second wipe round. Understandable if she wasnt expecting anyone in but she has people in most days.

MiniatureRailway Tue 22-Apr-14 18:50:05

I don't care. But always make sure mine is clean due to threads like this. grin

Ruushii Tue 22-Apr-14 18:53:16

I can forgive skid marks (maybe they were in a rush and forgot) but that drying yellow gunk with embedded pubes... No. No and no again.

LadyMaryLikesCake Tue 22-Apr-14 18:53:50

A friend and his exdp had a party for their child's birthday several years ago. Their loo was filthy and there was an overflowing bin in there with dirty nappies and soiled sanpro. I couldn't go back. They were lovely though so I'd invite them to mine instead, I did feel terrible though.

If I have a guest I bleach the loo, give the surfaces a clean and put a fresh hand towel out. It's good manners. Oh, and I don't have a bin in there.

thegreylady Tue 22-Apr-14 18:53:56

Gosh I am quite messy but the toilet is always clean and hygienic. My horrible experience was when a friend used the bidet that was in our house and left poo all over the tap! Talk about disgusting and I had to clean it. No one else ever used the thing and I was too embarrassed to mention it sad

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Tue 22-Apr-14 18:55:35

Yep, pubes and piss stains are as bad

Hoppinggreen Tue 22-Apr-14 18:56:00

To be fair me cleaning the loo seems to set off DH's bowels so I can clean it and if we have visitors before I check the upstairs toilet there may be skidders I have no knowledge of

AgentSchraeder Tue 22-Apr-14 18:56:05

Your friends are mumsnetters who think its vile to own a loo brush.

GiveTwoSheets Tue 22-Apr-14 18:56:31

Yes lady according to mums net threads

No way I'd stick my hand down loo to clean shit, I'm proud owner to two toilet brushes

KeepOnKeepingOnAndOnAndOnAndOn Tue 22-Apr-14 18:56:51

Thegreylady... No!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now