To kiss my cat more than dp

(24 Posts)
SerialCatKisser Thu 27-Mar-14 09:11:46

I am a big cat lover. I have had cats pretty much my whole life (I am 24). My dp thinks it's really weird that I kiss my cat more than I kiss him. Cats are just so soft and snuggly, how can you not kiss them?? I also do some volunteer work at a cat rescue and I kiss all those cats as well. I just don't see the issue, it's what cat people do isn't it? But last night dp actually sounded very offended by this matter.

So out of interest aibu in kissing my cat much more than I kiss my dp? (If it's at all relevant, I have been with dp for almost 5 years, I got my cat about 1yr into the relationship whilst we were living together. He's not a big cat person (or animal person at all). He actually persuaded me to get the cat because he knew it would make me happy).

AuntieStella Thu 27-Mar-14 09:24:53

Why does it have to be either/or?

Any particular reason why you won't kiss your DP as much as he would like?

justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Mar-14 09:53:31

Eeeeeugh! If I was your DP I would struggle to kiss you after you have kissed your car repeatedly! It is totally beyond me how people want to kiss their animals on the mouth/let them lick their face when said animals lick their own bums to clean them. Turns my stomach, sorry OP sad

SerialCatKisser Thu 27-Mar-14 10:01:06

I don't kiss my cat on her mouth, usually on her head or her back. I just don't feel the need to kiss my dp all the time. We kiss quite a lot, it's not as if he's not getting any kisses at all. But my cat isn't the most affectionate, so when she is I make the most of it and I enjoy her cuddles.

I kiss my cat all the time - he's a massive mama's boy, but DP kisses girlcat just as much so it's not an issue.

I would be pissed off if I recieved less attention overall than a cat, though hmm

Latara Thu 27-Mar-14 10:22:09

I kiss my cats ears and belly. She's gorgeously fluffy.

But if I had a DP I would want to kiss him all the time I would hope, and obv. in a different way to the cat!

I kiss my cat loads....and my DH loads......I don't scratch DH's belly though, rub his ears and tell him he is my beautiful girl though smile

NaughtySpottyBengalCat Thu 27-Mar-14 12:19:24

YADNBY. Shame there is no feliway for husbands and partners grin

AuntieStella Thu 27-Mar-14 12:26:13

BBC article Pet cats infect two people with TB

Hope yours are healthy!

deakymom Thu 27-Mar-14 12:28:47

i used to kiss my cat goodbye i would kiss my boyfriend then bend down he (the cat) would stand on his back legs and let me kiss him on top of his head it was sweet really x

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Thu 27-Mar-14 12:34:52

I don't often kiss my cat, but she really doesn't like me kissing DP. Either she gets on my knee and headbutts, nuzzles and paws at me or she comes up behind him and looks at me disapprovingly (and it's surprisingly difficult to ignore a determinedly staring cat!).

Kissing DP and stroking the cat at the same time works reasonably well, but they both complain I'm not giving them my full attention. I don't know if DP would respond as enthusiastically to being tickled behind the ears though.

catsmother Thu 27-Mar-14 12:47:06

Errrmm ..... guilty of this too. But then the cats often (usually) smell a lot nicer than he does (smoker).

Latara Thu 27-Mar-14 12:53:47

My cat, who gets kissed a lot.

SybilRamkin Thu 27-Mar-14 12:56:53

Bleugh! I wouldn't want to kiss someone who'd had their lips on an animal repeatedly!

KellyElly Thu 27-Mar-14 13:02:54

I kiss my cat, my daughter has started trying to lick the cat, there I draw the line!

ConfusedDotty Thu 27-Mar-14 13:25:07

Both DP and me kiss both of our cats, isn't that what pets are for? To be petted?

Vintagecakeisstillnice Thu 27-Mar-14 13:34:48

Girl cat gets 'kissed' before I do when OH gets in! I say 'kiss' but in reality it's kind of a head bump and nussle.

Dear Lord I had a life once honest!

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 27-Mar-14 13:38:20

I can't imagine kissing a cat but could get arrested finding out as I don't own one but I would be upset if I got kissed less than one!

Latara Thu 27-Mar-14 13:44:32

I'dkick you don't kiss them on the mouth! (hope no-one does that anyway...)

Just on the fur.

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 27-Mar-14 13:57:25

Oh blush

Hoppinggreen Thu 27-Mar-14 14:00:00

My cat sits on me more often than DH, mind you he is 6 ft 2 and 14 stone ( DH , not my cat)

RedFocus Thu 27-Mar-14 14:51:42

My dh and I kiss all our cats (6!) because that's just the way we are. My kids snuggle and kids the cats too.
And of course dh and I kiss too, much to the kids disgust! wink

yep, top of cats' heads get kissed here too. Probably kiss DH more though.

The kitten stands on DH's chest and nibbles his stubble..tis very cute.

meditrina Fri 28-Mar-14 07:27:17

Oh look. Another subject that pops up on BBC Breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now