To not want to watch Frozen now?

(51 Posts)

DH is obsessed with the bloody SONG. And the african tribe version which he sent me saying it was "amazing". OK, the singer is talented, but I was unmoved. (Sorry.)

He says everyone is obsessed with the song after they have seen the film. Yet he has watched it alone. I made the mistake of saying that maybe we could watch films like this as a family, because I'm not often moved to watch animated children's films (or any films, really) alone and now he's decided that I can use "my" weekend to decide to watch it altogether. Which I probably will, because he won't choose to watch a film on "his" weekend and DS only wants to play Family Minecraft. hmm

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 18-Feb-14 00:00:21

It sounds horrendous grin

Fortunately my DSs aren't remotely interested because it isn't about cars or planes or Lego.

fairyfuckwings Mon 17-Feb-14 23:55:14

It has no way only got 4 songs pictish!

RunRabbit Mon 17-Feb-14 23:04:39

I'm excited to see the Lego Movie. I thought The Croods and Epic were meh too.

plus3 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:04:32

Everything thing is cool when you are part of a team

sonlypuppyfat Mon 17-Feb-14 23:04:11

I loved it and I usually loath anything musical I've even bought the soundtrack too!

girliefriend Mon 17-Feb-14 23:01:28

I am amazed at how many of you are saying you loved it confused I took my dd and was really hmm at how they portrayed girls and women in it. plus all the singing did my head in

Oh, now, the Lego movie I am looking forward to. Unfortunately it's not out here for months.

poncedeleon Mon 17-Feb-14 22:59:31

Frozen was rubbish as I was not expecting so much singing and general girlyness (and went with four eight year old boys..). Don't remember the song at all, but wait til you see the Lego Movie and can't stop singing "Everything is Awesome!!" continually...

It's like how you make notes change when you hum.

plus3 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:53:51

I just tried that....I can't do it without moving my face

Oh, see, I love sing along disney. Bah. I may be converted.

YY the shrillness is annoying. Not keen on shrill singing. I can see it's talented but I tend to sing along to things in my head (? Not sure if this even makes sense) and it gives me a headache trying to reach the notes.

I've never thought about that before. I think maybe I am deeply weird.

Oldandcobwebby Mon 17-Feb-14 22:39:53

I really liked Frozen, but the shrillness of the songs really irked me. Bring back Phil Harris!

plus3 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:39:00

Googles sing-a-long Frozen screenings.....

pictish Mon 17-Feb-14 22:30:10

It's not a musical. It has four songs I think. I don't think the songs are all that....but they've certainly been very popular. Let It Go is the best one. It's ok I suppose.

Worst thing about Frozen is the pointless and deeply irritating snowman.

It's no Brave or Tangled, but it's quite good.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Mon 17-Feb-14 22:28:33

Ha, x-post underthebluemoon!

TheFowlAndThePussycat Mon 17-Feb-14 22:27:44

It gets better OP, the DDs and I are going to the cinema to the Frozen 'sing-along' version tomorrow, complete with lyrics and bouncing ball! Your DH would love that [evil grin].

underthebluemoon Mon 17-Feb-14 22:25:29

They have 'sing-along' showings to Frozen at my cinema
I'm never going to that

Nobody else will pick, because DH doesn't see the point of watching films as a family, he can't enjoy it when DS is asking a million questions and fidgeting, so he likes to watch things alone. He watches a METRIC TON of TV, because he's always watching it while doing other things. (No, I do not understand this argument either confused although I think he watches new things by actually concentrating on them and old favourites while doing other stuff, including working. He has 3 computer monitors on his desk at work.)

I don't often feel compelled to watch TV/films on my own unless it's something I REALLY want to see. I also feel like I want to spend more time with DS so watching a film together is a nice way to accomplish both seeing a film and spending time with him. Plus, I think it's a nice thing to do as a family. I feel (for me) it's a bit of a waste to watch a children's film on my own when I could be watching it with DS.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 17-Feb-14 22:21:50

Ha yes Itsaboatjack, perfect. Itchy-palm inducing, but better than the original.

WicketWoo Mon 17-Feb-14 22:20:50

I've heard (I'm a die hard Disney fan!) that they're making it into a broadway show. Don't know if that's true but the songs are certainly written as though that was in mind.

Goldencity1 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:20:35

Frozen has been on all day with dgd, have taken "queen Elsa" round Morrison's, wearing a combination of snow whites dress and Jasmine's top, sparkly shoes and a wand, she has pranced along, "freezing" all the customers and staff. Oh, and singing at the top of her voice.

OK, it was a bit of a lighthearted thread, I am not having a massive dilemma.

I would pick something else on my weekend but I don't think anyone else will pick to watch it. Which means that DH will keep going on about it and bursting into song and I will continue to be irritated unless I watch it.

Actually I felt similarly irritated by Tangled until I watched it and really loved it, but then the song in Tangled is good and not irritating. Let it Go is irritating. Possibly, unless you know the ~significant meaning~ of it. Or maybe this is just another example of where DH and I have weirdly opposing music taste.

fairyfuckwings Mon 17-Feb-14 22:13:40

90 minutes melanie? I wish it had only been 90 minutes! Must have been at least 4 hours.

saintmerryweather Mon 17-Feb-14 22:12:37

I loved frozen. By far one of the best films disney has made

fairyfuckwings Mon 17-Feb-14 22:11:57

It's not a fab film at all. It's really really shit and they keep bursting into song. And all the songs are really cheesy and shit. Can you tell I didn't like it? And it went on and on and on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now