Or is blocking pavements to get tickets more than a bit inconsiderate?

(67 Posts)
YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 18:14:09

I get it, they want tickets(so do i!)they're excited, its currently the only thing that matters to them, and sitting in the rain for 5 days is no fun so talking to each other is about all they can do but huddling your chairs to block the entire pavement and then putting up a gazebo that has two feet on the road requiring traffic cones to alert drivers to its presence is taking the fucking piss. Other people need to use that pavement and should be able to do so without having to go out on to the road to get by. People with wheelchairs or prams or small children or lots of shopping shouldnt be being inconvenienced like this for something that isnt necessary.
Right? I'm confused as to why the council arent doing something.

I have queued at various venues for tickets and waited with my teens while they are waiting to go into Sultudebt Union Arena's.

Every time we have been waiting, although there is a pavement opposite or alternative route, some wanker has insisted on walking where we are queuing.

I know that we are creatures of habit, but using a bit of common sense occasionally, seems beyond some people.

That and people can be twats, of course. Because just getting on with it and counting themselves lucky that they live close to a venue, is asking for too much.

And I lived between Anfield and Goodison, so had to readjust my life all football season.

BBC item here for all you people who havent heard of him

Yes, who is Garth Brooks?

Is he the guy thats married to Faith Hill?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 14:05:40

Who the singer (garth brooks?)or who the scumbag?

Who??

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 14:01:43

Well as inconsiderate as i think the campers were being that pales into insignificance when i see a the people selling 'unwanted' tickets on fb for £250! angry

JohnCusacksWife Thu 30-Jan-14 13:58:29

Garth who???

grumpyoldbat Thu 30-Jan-14 13:51:29

I don't think YABU. It would annoy me too.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 13:31:22

Oh sorry I see the third night is sold out too. Bah.

Accomodation is indeed a scandal. I've a friend booked a hotel room when the dates were announced. She got a phone call last night to say they were no longer available and her booking was cancelled.
So they can sell rooms at a higher price from today I assume.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 13:10:17

That's a pity Silly. Hopefully he might put on a third night though. Definitely demand for it!

AramintaDeWinter Thu 30-Jan-14 11:16:04

OP YANBU. Pavement blockers are inconsiderate and selfish law-breakers with no regard at all for people with mobility problems.
And anyone who queues overnight for concert tickets has got to be a little unhinged.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 11:07:53

entirely sold out

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 11:07:27

no success sad

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 09:16:00

Not yet- think its too late now- still processing and people on fb saying 15 minute wait time!

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 09:10:59

Did you get tickets Silly???!

I've been singing 'think I'll slip on down to the OH-O-ASIS" all morning.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 23:16:19

And yes, iamnotaprincess it was people such as yourself that i was thinking of. Easy for me to nip down on to the road and back up again, not so easy for yourself or people with buggies, children, disabilities etc.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 23:14:29

Oh and

"Where ive got friends, in lowowow playcezz"

grin

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 23:12:40

Ive just created my online account and have everything crossed for tickets in the morning- my mum did suggest i queue and i hmm at her which i though was a polite response to that insanity!

It really does seem to be an NI/Ireland thing. Was he never big in the rest of the UK even when he was propeerly big?

EvaBeaversProtege Wed 29-Jan-14 23:00:25

Just drive by my closest ticketmaster outlet & the line is LONG!! Snaking across the front of shop, down the side entry & across a back car park.

Dh will try online in morning.

I queued for 1D tix before Christmas & the shop's system crashed, not losing another nights sleep even for Garth brooks

LadyMaryofDownton Wed 29-Jan-14 22:54:32

Bay Jezus the streets are while crowed pure bunged, could'nt get a cuppa Tay or a wee bun from thon bakery this morning for them ques.... while a tell ya! Right past the door they were.

That about sums up my local FB status, very much a big deal here in the north (of Ireland) too. Not wise but I'd love a ticket, too dear though & accommodation is a scandal.

IAmNotAPrincessIAmAKahleesi Wed 29-Jan-14 22:50:28

YANBU

My wheelchair is a pita to get off the kerb and back on again if it's not lowered, it would make my day just a bit harder than it needed to be if someone did this on a pavement I needed to use. So I do think it's selfish to do so but I'm probably in a minority there was a car blocking the pavement on a corner when I was out the other day and I burst into tears because I knew it was going to hurt me moving around it so I'm probably not the most rational person to comment blush

OP I don't think the non Irish / Northern Irish posters get the hype.

I'm not big on social graces, think I'll head on down to the oasis

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 22:40:38

Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues awaaay!

grin

<earworm>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now