To ask what rules are??

(54 Posts)
Weelady77 Sat 11-Jan-14 16:40:17

I've been on MN for a few months, I downloaded the app after googling something!
Now on my phone it's not showing me rules and regulations of MN

What are the rules of posting on things? As I've just posted on a couple of threads and 2 people have mentioned about zombies!

I've gathered lol pmsl etc are not allowed!

So could someone kindly tell me what's not and what is allowed pleasesmile

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 13:52:16

When you first go to post on a zombie thread, you get a BIG RED warning, explaining exactly what a zombie thread is and asking if you're sure you want to post on it.

Please stop pleading ignorance and bullying - it doesn't wash when you've called other posters 'Katie Hopkins-like'.

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 13:52:46

I probably am oblivious as it's not the be all and end all, like I said I'm just going to read from now on after I've cleaned my house, I obviously don't have the MN etiquette smile

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 13:53:37

I can assure you on my phone I don't get a big red warning!!

meditrina Sun 12-Jan-14 13:55:46

OP: If you find this thread too unpleasant for you, then I recommend you use the "hide topic" function to hide AIBU.

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 13:56:06

If you don't get a red warning on your phone, fair enough.

It's still not on to keep making out that people are stalking you and being mean when you've done your fair share of name calling, then started a thread specifically to whinge about people having a go.

Bad form.

TheBigJessie Sun 12-Jan-14 14:03:03

Would you walk into a pub and say, "that Sharon snogged a Tyrannosaurus Rex last night" when you knew Sharon was there, and expect Sharon not to reply back and give her side of the story?

Because that's what you're doing.

For the record, Sharon french-kissed a diplodocus.

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:03:31

Like I said I started it to find out rules which a nice person posted! I even tried googling rules but I couldn't find it!
I certainly wasn't looking for sympathy in being told off about zombies

Like I said I don't think this board is for me!

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:05:27

All this over a hungover New Year's Day ear piercing thread and bloody zombiesgrin

I think they ate called Talk guidelines.
They are easy to find if you are actually looking

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:09:25

Ah maybe that's why I couldn't get them that damn MN etiquette againsmile

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 14:09:55

No, all this over you calling other posters names on one thread, having a snidey bitch at them on another thread a week later, then starting this thread in a small-minded way to garner sympathy.

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 14:10:41

Yes, 'Talk Guidlines' are at the top of every single bloody page in Talk.

DameDeepRedBetty Sun 12-Jan-14 14:12:22

The most important rule of MN is don't post in AIBU until you've been here at least six months, and even then think twice.

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:13:54

I'm ON my phone!! No bloody guidelines no mention of bloody zombies!!
oh are they not zombie threads?yeah I did call them A name cause that's what they sounded like!

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 14:15:39

Might be an idea, in that case, to get online proper and read the rules.

One of them is not making personal attacks, like calling posters names.

Hth.

I'm on my phone and there is a direct link to talk guidelines on the top of every page....but I think you know that and might consider adding disingenuous to your name.

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:20:17

I've read the rules now thanks to a nice person! Ah sorry no time to go online I'm cleaning my houseshock

I don't think saying someone sounds very KH is an attack oh wait is it the same as calling someone a chav or bitchy??

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:20:58

I'll have a look now!

Whiskwarrior Sun 12-Jan-14 14:22:37

Offense is taken, not given. Therefore if you call someone a name, it's not down to you to decide whether it's offensive or not.

You don't make the rules, I'm afraid.

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:22:48

I've not got it! all I've got is flip thread watch thread etc nothing about "guidelines"

yellow triangle warning type thing at top of page read that paragraph and the words talk guidelines are highlighted in blue and link to said guidelines.
and yes I am on a phone

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:26:24

No yellow triangle only a purple bar going across the top, are you on the MN app??

no I am not , the writing is underneath said purple bar always -- has -- -- been--

Weelady77 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:28:34

Well there you go I am!

course you are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now