to write fuck off on my lunch?

(103 Posts)

Long story short we have a thief at work. No CCTV so we can't pinpoint who it is? Could be more than one as it's a big place?

Anyway we have to bring our own lunch and I usually bring something to pop in the locker or go and get something. But yesterday I brought in something that needed to go in the fridge. A convenience Thai meal that needed microwaving.

Anyway went to get it at lunchtime and someone had slipped off the cardboard sleeve and opened it!! Probably to smell it or taste it see if they fancied it? I was livid. Still ate it though as had nothing else.

So today I took another one, similar thing. But this time I put a little note on saying fuck off and then sellotape and put sleeve back on so they'd have to remove that to see note grin. Plus tied it up in a carrier bag. Extreme much? fwink It didn't look as if it had been meddled with this time? The carrier bag was tied the same.

Some people at work don't think it's a big deal but I was furious. Some borked and said they wouldn't have eaten it. I'd never dream of doing this or taking others food. Drinks go missing too. Gits.

Preciousbane Sun 08-Dec-13 23:35:30

My friend was sick of people nicking biscuits at work. She bought plain digestives and then covered them in ex lax chocolate. They looked exactly like real chocolate digestives as she ran something across the back so they had the pattern in the chocolate. Voila two technicians we worked with suddenly got the shits, the best thing was one was her brother.

grin Shame about her brother though, you'd think he'd just ask?

WorraLiberty Sun 08-Dec-13 23:36:36

YANBU

But having said that...

I've always thought it weird how someone at work would put a load of food in the fridge and give it names like "Kevin", "Amanda", "Helen" etc??

I mean who does that???

It always gives me something to think about while eating it....

Dilidali Sun 08-Dec-13 23:40:31

You need this.
Unless you work in an environment that doesn't bat an eyelid.

Ross Gellar? Is that you? grin

trufflesnuffler Sun 08-Dec-13 23:42:03

I put my piss in an orange juice carton in my uni house as someone kept glugging it. I was young andless care free back then...

Dilidali that really did make my LOL fgrin

I know YourMa, I remind myself of a friend of mine. Not good.

Don't give me ideas trufflesnuffler.

Orange food colouring and a drop of orange essential oil.......... muhahahahha.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 08-Dec-13 23:45:12

This winds me up in work.

It's my milk, it's for my cereal and my coffee and yes that little pot of coffee is mine also so is the sugar.

Fuck of you tight bastards and go to the shop and buy some.

thebody Sun 08-Dec-13 23:45:46

if you want to experience thieving live in a nurses home.

I actually had mince stolen from my pan while I nipped to the loo. grin

Or this dilidali

thebody Sun 08-Dec-13 23:46:51

bugger posted too soon op, yanbu. stealing is stealing!

misswishy Sun 08-Dec-13 23:47:38

The problem is caused by you putting it in the fridge in a supermarket bag. The guy whose wife makes his butties hasn't got a clue what he has for his luch just that it was in a tescos carrier bag. Get a decent, unique butty bag and the problem should go away.

Shaky Sun 08-Dec-13 23:48:50

truffle you are evil but I think I love you grin

One of my friends used to write her name on her banana and apple

Ok its a ziploc bag with a realistic mould patch on it. That linkbis shite and can't figure out how to link on the kindle properly.

antimatter Sun 08-Dec-13 23:48:57

or personalize a tin box with a label on such as "Food Hazzard" or "E Coli breeding in progress" grin

antimatter Sun 08-Dec-13 23:50:27

ROFTL @trufflesnuffler's piss juice grin

I didn't put it in a carrier bag yesterday just on it's own. Today's wasn't touched.

We used to get fed at work but now we can't because of rule changes. We need a bigger fridge tbh as lots of us are trying to cram in food now.

The thief/s have stolen money etc.. too. fangry

SantaIKnowHimIKnowHim Sun 08-Dec-13 23:55:45

This thread reminds me of Ross. Is it a turkey sandwich with a gravy moist maker thingy in the middle that you need to protect?! smile
Just put a note on the top in the fridge. "Hands off my sandwich OK?!" Or just get Phoebe to do it. She's a badass grin

BohemianGirl Sun 08-Dec-13 23:58:26

if you want to experience thieving live in a nurses home.

I disagree - try a school staff room ...teachers are so light fingered its unreal

I haven't seen that episode but I used to watch it a lot?

I think 'fuck off' is needed where I work. Polite won't cut it. Although tbh I'm thinking I'll avoid using the fridge and just put ice blocks in my cool bag and keep it in my locker? Or buy myself a mini fridge with a padlock? fgrin

No, mini fridge will be half inched!

Caitlin17 Mon 09-Dec-13 00:01:22

I can't be bothered taking in a packed lunch but there are small kitchens on each floor of the office each with a fridge and a printed note stating that removing food which doesn't belong to you is theft and will be treated as such if you're caught.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now