Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Which supermarket party food bits would you recomend?

(30 Posts)
FestiveFeelings Sat 07-Dec-13 18:42:51

I am luckily enough to live close to most of the big four supermarkets so can pick and chose which party food to buy.

Also have Lidl and Aldi not far away.

What are the best bits of all the party food ranges?

M&S. I have bought TWELVE boxes of party food (we have 3 stages of family coming, not just for me grin).

The scallops come in the shell on pea puree so will do for a starter. But there are other things that would be great for a buffet eg mini pies, mini beef wellingtons, chicken lollipops etc.

The crucial thing is I saved £27 with the offer. I may have spent £10m, but I SAVED £27 wink.

bakingaddict Sun 08-Dec-13 08:03:48

I always like the stuffed jalapeno peppers and both Sainsbury's and Tesco do them. Have seen the Tesco Finest party food range which is 3 for 2 and I think I might go with that this year.

DeathByLaundry Sun 08-Dec-13 07:51:34

Tesco do some lovely olives and cream cheese stuffed peppers. Very tasty nibbles.

I also got some orange stickered prawny things from the co-op recently but they're in the freezer. I'll report back if I cave and munch them grin

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Sun 08-Dec-13 07:50:41

My two nicest things are bacon wrapped !
Bacon wrapped cheese and bacon wrapped prawns from M&S .

Jinty64 Sun 08-Dec-13 07:45:25

Marks and Spencer's party food is awesome but quite expensive. The dc's had some of the Tesco's party food or a buffet tea a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I only ate tasted the chilli prawns and they were lovely.

FortyMerryFuckers Sun 08-Dec-13 07:44:30

I love m&s party food,

bragmatic Sun 08-Dec-13 07:37:50

big plate of marshmallows. Trust me.

Dolcelatte Sun 08-Dec-13 06:38:23

M & S - fabulous selection (especially the pork cracking and scallops in mint pea puree), and offering 3 for 2 on party food at the moment.

Rosencrantz Sun 08-Dec-13 02:03:10

ASDA's are soooooo good! Spring rolls!

HerlockSholmes Sun 08-Dec-13 02:01:51

i love morrissons mini chicken curry samosas from the deli bit. i buy them just to munch for dinner. they are lovely cold so good for a buffet.

in fact anything from morrissons deli is pretty good.

revivingshower Sun 08-Dec-13 01:57:41

Last year I liked those little mini ice cream cones and were useful for dd when she needed a tiny pudding.

SantaRedLegs Sun 08-Dec-13 00:39:42

I would say Asda mozzarella dippers but if everyone finds out about them then there won't be any left for me sad

I luffs them. I have them with sweet chilli sauce. I've just had a huge salad but I now want to go and raid the freezer for them.

Please don't buy them for your buffet. Please grin

EnianShelZman Sun 08-Dec-13 00:36:20

Oups, too much wine and phone do not mix!

EnianShelZman Sun 08-Dec-13 00:35:20

We just had a selection of Sainsbury Christmas snacks, the guests had enjoyed it, especially the coconut prawns fans the prawns in spring roll batter. They sell them 2 for 5 pounds, but often reduce to 99p at the end of the day, you can freeze them and just bang in the oven when needed.

AlbertoFrog Sun 08-Dec-13 00:27:20

Oops blush

too much red wine obviously

youaremychocolatecake Sun 08-Dec-13 00:26:43

Tescos party food is all BOGOF at the moment and they have some lovely bits. I can also vouch for the duck spring rolls from Iceland. Chocolate cherry cups are yummy too x

AlbertoFrog Sun 08-Dec-13 00:26:31

I can recommend Bibbity bobbity prawns (or some such thing) and duck spring rolls from Iceland at £1 a bag. We got them last minute for DS's birthday tea and they went down a storm.

Oh bugger, I'm hungry now grin

stretch Sun 08-Dec-13 00:23:29

Sainsbury's duck spring rolls are lovely.

AlbertoFrog Sun 08-Dec-13 00:23:02

I can recommend Bibbity bobbity prawns (or some such thing) and duck spring rolls from Iceland at £1 a bag. We got them last minute for DS's birthday tea and they went down a storm.

Oh bugger, I'm hungry now grin

WorraLiberty England Sun 08-Dec-13 00:21:25

Oh I tried the prawn toast from Iceland the other day and they were really nice.

chirpchirp Sun 08-Dec-13 00:18:41

I've just polished off some Asda duck and hosin spring rolls, £2 for 18, they were delicious.

Mrswellyboot Sun 08-Dec-13 00:16:07

I like the light garlic bread from aldi. It available all year and it is great.

I would go to marks for the rest. Can I join you fgrin

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks England Sun 08-Dec-13 00:14:32

We had some nice bits from Iceland last year - their Indian banquets are usually pretty good.

JRmumma Sun 08-Dec-13 00:11:11

Got some mini pizzas from Iceland a few weeks back that were quite nice

WorraLiberty England Sun 08-Dec-13 00:07:06

Also watching with interest for our Christmas Eve buffet fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now