Just found out tonight dh has been buying coins off ebay for a silly computer game wasting money

(52 Posts)
Anyfuckerisnotguilty Sun 01-Dec-13 23:36:32

He's been busted

Tonight I've been busy ebaying selling thems to get a bit of money together
Clicked on purchase history to see if I could find the details of a maternity dress I bought a few months ago, anyway
What do I find on purchase history ???

Dh has been buying coins for a computer game
Basically cheating
Pathetic
And to top it off he purchased these six DAYS after I have had a baby!
And had a c section !

My issues are
What a waste of money
What an idiot cheating
What a Pratt doing it six days after WE have just had a newborn baby and I've had major surgery having a c section

Anyfuckerisnotguilty Sun 01-Dec-13 23:57:34

I'm actually not angry

I'm messing a bout with him

Is it about the money or is it about the fact he has been playing games instead of helping?

I fritter about a fiver a week on myself and I would be properly pissed off if my dh started a thread about me calling me an idiot and a pratt because I dared to spend a few quid on myself.

Cabrinha Sun 01-Dec-13 23:58:53

OK, so two real issues then?

1. He spends too much time on the Playstation
2. He belittles you when you're unhappy (laughing at you posting here)

Both valid, and better discussed on Relationships.

lolaisafuckertoo Sun 01-Dec-13 23:58:54

I get it and I don't. The childishness of his absorption in a fucking game would blow my lid. It might not be the size of the spend, but the time it is taking up in his mind and general focus. Though step back from it and you can only shrug and heave a little sigh. I think it would be the pointlessness of it. like.....give me strength. is this what you are doing?

Cabrinha Mon 02-Dec-13 00:01:28

You're not angry, just messing about with him?

Right, well thanks a lot - wasted my time posting and bothering being concerned about helping you get to the bottom of your anger.

I'll leave you to your entertainment, which is just as close to pathetic and cheating and time wasting as his then.

<roll eyes>

MediumOrchid Mon 02-Dec-13 00:01:30

£3 is the cost of a coffee in a coffee shop - would you be angry if he went out and bought himself a coffee? Do you ever buy yourself a coffee?

scottishmummy Mon 02-Dec-13 00:05:21

£3?I think you need to get some perspective,an adult doesn't need your permission to spend £3
Do you quiz him about £3 coffee in Starbucks.actual issue is your malaise in relationship
This has nothing to do with £3 spend,it's all about the antipathy,disappointment you feel -address that

scottishmummy Mon 02-Dec-13 00:12:16

So you're faffing on mn,he's faffing on FIFA.you're both doing same thing
Being distant in each other company,and busy online.but resentful of online time
Why is that?why are you do cross?

Anyfuckerisnotguilty Mon 02-Dec-13 00:12:56

Sorry bit of a bad joke

KerwhizzedMyElf Mon 02-Dec-13 00:40:17

Threads like this are so irritating. If you are having a sad joke with your partner, why involve people online who have no clue? Bit of a douche move to get people concerned when really tee hee you're just having a giggle with your bloke.

CoffeeTea103 Mon 02-Dec-13 00:47:38

Wasted everyone's time here ! You are a sad personhmm

Teeb Mon 02-Dec-13 00:56:52

Hmm Silly joker or you didn't like that other people don't have the same control freaky tendencies as you do so bluff your way out of the thread?

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 02-Dec-13 07:11:00

I even wasted my time reading it. Lame.

WinterWinds Mon 02-Dec-13 17:27:02

What was the point of this thread??

magimedi Mon 02-Dec-13 17:44:36

biscuit

No joke for any of us reading this.

scottishmummy Tue 03-Dec-13 22:38:00

What was upshot of this then op?you write a big teary op that's then retracted

hallowisitmeyourelookingfor Tue 03-Dec-13 23:25:00

Oh I'm disappointed you're not really outraged! I was coming on here to laugh at you for acting crazy about £3!

Turnedouttoes Tue 03-Dec-13 23:39:56

My DP did this a few months ago on a game on his phone. I think in total he spent about £35. In constantly trying to save money so was obviously angry when I found out.
But actually when we spoke about it he was really embarrassed and sorry for wasting money like that and I think he hadn't really connected the fact that the money was actually coming out of his bank.
Now it's a bit of a joke and we laugh about how stupid he was. I'll add that the money was spent on buying food for feeding his 'tiny monsters'.

Madmammy83 Wed 04-Dec-13 02:16:03

You're well matched, both of you. hmm

HerlockSholmes Wed 04-Dec-13 05:46:49

I don't really see where your gripe is with "cheating" but i know that £3 is actually quite a valuable amount if you are struggling.

i think you should make sure he understands the full extent of your money situation and try to stay calm, but make sure he knows that even £3 is making a difference atm and you can't afford it.

SnoogyWoo Wed 04-Dec-13 08:43:55

Can I have my £3 back in time lost reading this?

Bowlersarm Wed 04-Dec-13 08:48:15

Anyfucker may not (or may) be guilty, but you certainly are.

AnnabelleLee Wed 04-Dec-13 09:22:00

I think a joke thread is meant to be, like, funny?

PaulSmenis Wed 04-Dec-13 11:40:55

£3.00 shouldn't be an issue if you're not totally skint. Would you be angry if he bought some socks or spent £3.00 on some chocolate, crisps and a bottle of pop?

The fact that he's cheating on his computer is neither here nor there. It's not as though it's hurting anyone. The only person he's cheating is himself. fwink

There has to be other things that are upsetting you.

HaroldTheGoat Wed 04-Dec-13 11:43:49

Eh? What? Both of you need a hobby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now