To think it's perfectly fine to want a Furby for Christmas?

(26 Posts)
candycoatedwaterdrops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:05:17

I'm 25. I had one the first time around but these look so much better. AIBU?

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:06:26

YANBU. I'm 24 and I'm trying to steal DDs. They were amazing the first time round and you can turn them evil now grin

Im 29 and I want one! DD is 4 and doesn't. DS is 9 weeks so DH has said he doesn't either angry

Felix90 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:07:43

I wanted one as a kid and never got one hmm I'd be delighted if someone bought me one this year!

MammaTJ Sat 30-Nov-13 21:09:42

My DC both want one! DD1 was neglected by Santa first time around! Tell me why these are better!

Annunziata Sat 30-Nov-13 21:10:25

I'm still haunted by DD's from the first time I can still hear the fecking thing yelling doooolooooooo

YAB very very U

kelper Sat 30-Nov-13 21:11:09

I'd quite like one too! I had one of the original ones, but I left it at my mums when I moved out and I think she threw it away! Ds' friend has a new one and it's really cool! Mil asked me what I wanted for Christmas earlier, might ask her for one smile

I'm 26 and I want one.

FeckOffCup Sat 30-Nov-13 21:19:45

But they are a massive PITA and have no off switch, or so I am told. Thankfully DD is too young, I hope they fall out of favour again before she is old enough.

candycoatedwaterdrops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:20:33
MammaTJ Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:46

That does not tell me much about what it does! Not really selling it for my poor DC!

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:40:10

They babble in furbish and you can teach them English, feed them and turn them good or evil.

Like a really small, easily transportable toddler really.

candycoatedwaterdrops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:40:15

You can feed it via apple or android app! It's cute! It talks! What more do you want?! shock

I've still got my old one... well... two.. blush

OvO Sat 30-Nov-13 21:42:36

I'm 33 and want one!

I've bought one for my Ds1's Christmas and very, very nearly kept it for me. It is so adorable. He won't look after it like I will. Poor little furby, it should be mine. sad

candycoatedwaterdrops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:13

My mum sold mine at a car boot sale last year. <sobs> I knew I should have kept it as they came back into fashion a few months later for crimbo. sad

bootsycollins Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:44

I've always wanted a cat or dog on roller skates from Build A Bear, I'm 36 blush

gaggiagirl Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:58

Yeah what do they even do? Tell me so I can decide if I want one!

Mummytotwox Sat 30-Nov-13 21:44:30

Iv brought my kids one each for Xmas... Due to the fact we've got them a tablet each and they can now have babies smile I can't wait to play with them lol

PrammyMammy Sat 30-Nov-13 21:44:30

Yabuwink. They are crazy. We have two evil furbies locked in the car.

Kyrptonite Sat 30-Nov-13 21:45:21

If they turn evil you can replace the batteries and push the rest button.

trikken Sat 30-Nov-13 21:47:52

I want one too. Was hoping to win the one at the kids Christmas market raffle at their school today though we left early so dont know who got it in the end. didnt receive a phone call either.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 30-Nov-13 21:54:14

The Furby thing was after my time. I've got one for my DD for Xmas though. What happens when they turn evil?

SamU2 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:56:51

I got my two girls one last year. Couldn't wait for them to open them but they only played with them for a day.

They took the batteries out as they annoyed them. Two of them like to interact and never shut up.

negrilbaby Sat 30-Nov-13 22:02:15

They still freak me out following my experience years ago with one of the original ones.
I was on my own at home, pottering about in the bedroom when I heard a wailing from the wardrobe. I was down the stairs and out the front door so fast, in a complete panic (still gives me palpitations thinking about it). Took me quite a while to remember the bloody furby shoved in the back of the cupboard blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now