Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to live in a Harem?

(57 Posts)
PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:31:27

I have an 8 week old DD. Since DH has been back at work i've been having a lovely time with her, having coffees with other mums, baking, sorting through huge piles of laundry....that kind of thing.

As I am at this point in our lives, quite content with domesticity, looking after our l family and spending lots of time with other women and children I think it would be fine for him to go and find his next wife.

Once the harem is built, i can share the domestic stuff with some other women, have more children to play with and probably we could share childcare a bit so i could for instance enjoy having a poo on my own now and again.

It annoys me a bit that the British economy won't support this kind of set up. They need to pay men a lot more money to keep at least three wives and even more children.

AIBU?

BOF Sun 20-Oct-13 18:33:01

I think I'd rather just have a wife.

MortifiedAdams Sun 20-Oct-13 18:33:26

You could move to a commune

sonlypuppyfat Sun 20-Oct-13 18:34:40

Who in there right mind would want to spend all their time with other women.

BOF Sun 20-Oct-13 18:36:35

Eh? I love women. What are you doing on mumsnet then?

KirjavaTheCorpse Sun 20-Oct-13 18:37:10

Jesus, no. I don't like other people very much, let alone their children.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 20-Oct-13 18:37:15

You should work at my place. It's all women.

PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:38:20

That would be a great idea mortified but we've got far too much stuff junk and a bit of an aldi habit. Neither of which a lentil weaving commune would tolerate. Nor would it solve me getting the bed to myself at least four nights a week..

theywillgrowup Sun 20-Oct-13 18:38:52

couuldnt think of anything worse

baby brain has got to you op grin

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 20-Oct-13 18:39:38

Don't you mean a commune rather than a Harem? I mean I wouldn't fuck a man when he felt like choosing me rather than one of his other "wives"

Meringue33 Sun 20-Oct-13 18:40:09

I think raising children in a nuclear family far from relatives is really bloody hard and probably not how nature intended.

Having said that I'd loathe living with either my extended family or in a commune... Unless all the members were handpicked specifically by me.

PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:40:23

Thanks lighthouse I don't want a job though. Not ever again. Work is horrid. Cuddling babies, baking and chatting is where it's at for me smile

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 20-Oct-13 18:40:30

This thread annoys me. If you want the bed to yourself 4 nights a week then sleep elsewhere ffs.

Sindarella Sun 20-Oct-13 18:41:51

I'll live with you! I have a convent ( well i do for half the week ) its great!
Someone is always around watching the dc, someone getting the dinner on, ironing etc. When dc are in bed we sit around drinking smile

theywillgrowup Sun 20-Oct-13 18:41:59

ha ha op you say that now smile

Sindarella Sun 20-Oct-13 18:42:07

Tea! Drinking tea!

Latara Sun 20-Oct-13 18:42:57

Why would you want to share your husband with other women??

PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:44:08

Jitney I am his best an most favourite wife so it doesn't matter. He'd fuck me above all others as i am best at it.

Meringue spot on. It's a bit shit isn't it?

Sindarella Sun 20-Oct-13 18:44:30

I think some people think you are serious by the way.....

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Sun 20-Oct-13 18:44:47

It'd only work if there were young fit half naked slave boys to do me all of the housework and fetching and carrying!

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 20-Oct-13 18:45:09

Period so just get some staff.

PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:46:49

Sindarella You have a convent for half the week? really? I'm packing my habit and prayers now..

Puffykins Sun 20-Oct-13 20:23:57

I'm kind of with you. I've been watching quite a lot of Big Love recently. I can totally see the benefits of plural marriage.

catgirl1976 Sun 20-Oct-13 20:25:52

I would very much like a wife. It would be very helpful

BellEndTent Sun 20-Oct-13 20:35:21

Fuck that! I wouldn't mind a few extra husbands though... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now