To say it's either we get a dishwasher or we're eating off paper plates...

(48 Posts)
Strumpetron Sun 20-Oct-13 12:29:04

due to me having this lovely thing happen whilst doing the dishes last night
sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1392477_10152008438713885_969789102_n.jpg

Had my hand in a pint glass and it decided to spontaneously shatter.

five sodding stitches.

MollyMango Sun 20-Oct-13 13:27:50

I do hope it's alright though

Plomino Sun 20-Oct-13 14:26:02

Ow !

I wouldn't be without mine - we'd be permanently washing up with 7 of us . Mine went bang on Friday , ordered one off ao.com Friday lunchtime , it came at 10am on Saturday . For a shade over £200 , it's well worth it's weight in dirty plates.

Meatyfeet Sun 20-Oct-13 15:00:08

We used to have a Beko slimline dishwasher before we moved and it was great. My parents have ad the same one for a good few years.

Hope your hand heals soon thanks.

Feminine Sun 20-Oct-13 15:05:21

thanks for you.

However, we are a family of five...no space for a dishwasher.

I don't spend hours doing it confused I soak them in a washing up bowl beforehand.

in your case though, it sounds like you can't make it work ...almost like you need on on medical grounds! wink

Strumpetron Sun 20-Oct-13 15:22:36

thanks everyone

I just had a peek under the dressing, nice bright blue suctures! Have to have them in for ten days but no idea where to go. Tempting to just get the nail scissors out when the time comes

Oooo medical grounds dishwasher sounds vairy vairy good.

Ouch! We don't have a dishwasher, but if I did that to myself we would have! I have goosebumps just thinking about that picture. I hope you are feeling ok now. Paper plates sound good to me though.

Strumpetron Sun 20-Oct-13 15:26:57

Imagine just being able to bin the plates...

WorraLiberty Sun 20-Oct-13 15:31:46

I've never had a dishwasher and never wanted one.

Mainly because of all the moaning I read on here about stacking them and emptying them etc.

It sounds much easier to just wash up.

Topseyt Sun 20-Oct-13 15:33:07

You now have health and safety reasons for needing a dishwasher, so get one. thlwink

As a family of 5 (though currently down to 4 due to daughter at uni) plus three pets, my dishwasher is a must. I was without one for a few days earlier this year when my old one gave up the ghost and I was waiting for my new one to be delivered. I felt constantly chained to the kitchen sink.

Another vote for AO.online. Very good service, and if I remember rightly I could more or less pick a day to suit me, which I did.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 20-Oct-13 15:34:16

I told dh I wasn't washing up anymore one night, two nights later he cracked and said order a dishwasher.

I used ao. too, I got through topcashback.co.uk to get a bit more off.

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Sun 20-Oct-13 15:43:46

Absolutely justified. I didn't have one until my late twenties when the flat I was renting had one, I loved it. When that relationship ended, I think I cried more about leaving the dishwasher behind than the twunt man.

It takes less than 5 minutes to load and same to unload, much better than the 40 mins or more washing up.( ok some people can wash up faster, but I'm a rinser and that's how long it took me) plus you can pile all the dirty dishes in it so instantly the kitchen looks much better!

Then had to go a few more years without one, which included DS arrival. Bottles, weaning etc, not fun. When we finally managed to buy a house with a big enough kitchen (as opposed to the series of shoeboxes) my main demand request was a dishwasher. I still love it!!

Hope your hand heals well OP and yes you deserve it!!

AmberLeaf Sun 20-Oct-13 16:39:01

Ive never quite understood the stacking/loading angst tbh.

You fill it as you go along, switch on when full [for me that's when I settle down for the night] then unload in the morning.

Lifechanging stuff IMO!

Strumpetron Mon 28-Oct-13 10:33:13

Update - I am literally going to take these stitches out myself they're bloody killing me! The doctor who put them in said I could just go to the walk in 10 days from the incident, well I've rang them and they've said I now need a referral from the a&e, queue me ringing and being passed through to switchboards to no avail.

The stitches hve gone really tight, pulling into my skin and one of them has actually ripped through. Hand is throbbing!

ClaimedByMe Mon 28-Oct-13 10:35:10

A nurse at your gp surgery will take them out for you.

Did you get a dishwasher?

Strumpetron Mon 28-Oct-13 10:45:02

I rang the GP's surgery who said I needed to ring the clinic, I rang the clinic and they said I needed the referral grrr.

We now have a little slim line dishwasher grin

FortyDoorsToNowhere Mon 28-Oct-13 10:48:50

Can you go back to the hospital who put them in

Strumpetron Mon 28-Oct-13 10:50:08

I was thinking of that but didn't want to waste A&E's time blush

HellonHeels Mon 28-Oct-13 10:50:49

I think you need to get those stitches looked at ASAP, whether or not it's time for them to be removed.

Go to your GP or to walk in clinic, don't mess about trying to get a referral.

ClaimedByMe Mon 28-Oct-13 10:51:46

I can see why its tempting to cut them out yourself, do you a friend who is a nurse who can do it for you?

Yay for the dishwasher!

Strumpetron Mon 28-Oct-13 10:59:49

I have a few friends who are nurses but they all said they need a 'stitch remover' confused so i read online it's quite easy to do?

I think I'll go to the walk in first though and see if they'll see me without a referral, it is very red and stuff so maybe they'll do something

Love the dishwasher!

killpeppa Mon 28-Oct-13 11:04:48

I have one but I never bloody use it

ThankGodItsTuesday Mon 28-Oct-13 11:20:52

That photo!! Hope you get sorted.
I had a dishwasher when there was only me. I don't wash my clothes by hand so why would I wash my dishes.
If a machine can do a job better and quicker than me then I let the machine.

ZingWantsCake Mon 28-Oct-13 11:26:17

ouch and fucking ouch some more.thanks

get a dishwasher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now