Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Thanks to the huns thread on here I was forced to have a nosy on the dark side and have discovered something rather interesting.....

(41 Posts)
NameyMcChanger Wed 09-Oct-13 10:57:49

It shows how many views each thread has.

One poor sod on their posting how upset she was because she has no friends had 2438 views yet only 30 replies shock

I'm glad MN doesn't have that option, t'is the ultimate snub imo sad

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:36:59

I think they fact the poster got 30 replies was something some poor sonds on here get no replies to their threads people must read them then stroll on, netmums is no different from here yes they may do the text speak and hun and hug but they are doing the same as we are doing chatting and looking for a laugh and a bit of support , I think sneering about the users is really Off and not needed it is snooty mumnetters are no better or worse than netmummers, I personally haven't been on for years but I hate the sneering at the site .

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:37:15

sods*

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:37:58

I hate page views on things but i suppose it is honest ,

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 09-Oct-13 16:45:34

Yes, I keep getting that message too Beyond.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 09-Oct-13 18:05:41

>Mumsnet does it fairly constantly on and off

I reckon its because there are hundreds of thousands of lurkers clogging up its server or summat like that.
Doesn't MN have way more registered users than ever show up as regular posters, let alone unregistered readers? Or did I imagine reading some large numbers somewhere...

I often read a thread and don't reply - because I don't have anything to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said. If that's lurking, fine, I am a lurker.

Netmums has never gone down on me either. I bought it dinner and everything </juvenile joke>

Opalite Wed 09-Oct-13 19:47:40

I go straight over to netmums when mumsnet stops working, I use it for different things than I use mumsnet for and I really miss the swearing when I'm there * sobs *

LeGavrOrf Thu 10-Oct-13 06:56:15

I think the netmums pisstake thing is a bit old now tbh.

It's not that differen from here in many ways.

Yes it's pink and tickery shit, but there are as many well informed women on there and here. Just caters to a different market. Not my cup of tea but I agree with usual that when mumsnet jointedly takes the piss out of netmums we look like arseholes.

TiggyD Thu 10-Oct-13 09:03:16

Poking cheeky fun at Nethuns = fine.

Ranting and seriously moaning = not fine.

nicename Thu 10-Oct-13 09:06:50

It's ok as a site - I find half decent reviews and listings but it is all rather 'facebook' for my tastes. I never look at chat or discussions threads and I've been scared off my aunty mumsnet.

WomanNeedsDivorceLawyer Thu 10-Oct-13 09:13:56

I think the page view thing is a bit of a gift to trolls as well. If you click on what is clearly a troll thread, you have the option of walking away without feeding. If your page view adds to a counter, the troll will realise that people are reading their crap.

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 10-Oct-13 09:14:57

coldwinter your post made me larf. Loving the innuendo. :D

thebody Thu 10-Oct-13 09:18:56

couldn't care less, why would you?

WhereMyMilk Thu 10-Oct-13 09:26:01

Cold Winter...just grin

I've never had netmums go down on me, but mumsnet does fairly constantly on and off

coldwinter Thu 10-Oct-13 09:27:47

Yep. Maybe mumsnet is better smile

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 10-Oct-13 09:46:46

WhereMyMilk Now how many vouchers of your choice would you trade in for that?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now