To think Godfrey Bloom was put on Earth to remind women that we still need feminism?

(79 Posts)
BasilBabyEater Fri 20-Sep-13 18:07:27
AnyFucker Fri 20-Sep-13 18:09:00

Yup

Fucking halfwit

That shower have a very thin veneer of humanity

kim147 Fri 20-Sep-13 18:15:56

He is my MEP. When is the next election?

80sMum Fri 20-Sep-13 18:15:57

But I agree that what the reporter said about "black faces" was a racist comment. Why should it matter what colour people's faces are??

BasilBabyEater Fri 20-Sep-13 18:33:45

It shouldn't matter what colour people's faces are, but it does. Try telling anyone who has ever been attacked because they had the wrong colour face that it doesn't matter.

If you don't have any black people on any of your publicity material, it gives a very good idea of where you think black people fit in your party.

Similarly with women, people with disabilities etc.

The lack of inclusion of them, is an indicator that you're not that interested in addressing the specific issues that face them which don't face people who are not women, disabled, black etc. Which means you're either content with their marginalisation in society or you refuse to acknowledge it. So in that context it's absolutely a valid question IMO.

FreudiansSlipper Fri 20-Sep-13 18:36:22

yes

and to destroy Nigel Farage's party and how i have laughed and laughed

BasilBabyEater Fri 20-Sep-13 18:42:53

He may also have been put here purely for our entertainment of course, that is also a possibility.

sashh Fri 20-Sep-13 19:45:01

He may also have been put here purely for our entertainment of course, that is also a possibility.

But he isn't funny

WetAugust Fri 20-Sep-13 19:47:00

But he's served his purpose. He's got people talking about everything except what Farage actually said today at his party conference.

MadBusLady Fri 20-Sep-13 19:51:47

I think the word he was grasping for was actually slattern, because slut makes no sense. But what a massive weirdo he is in that interview. This is the trouble with politicians, not so much that they have objectionable views (though plenty do) but there are way too many that you'd just cross the street to avoid if you knew them IRL. It's a shame for the normal ones.

Stravy Fri 20-Sep-13 19:52:47

But he's served his purpose. He's got people talking about everything except what Farage actually said today at his party conference.

Like that time Tony Blair got a bollocking from the relative of a cancer patient outside a hospital and John Prescott was sent out to punch a member of the public in the face.

I wish Michael Crick had dealt with the racist accusations a bit better but it was probably very difficult to debate the problems of denying the experiences of an oppressed group whist watching somebody go completely crackers right in from of you.

Stravy Fri 20-Sep-13 19:54:08

Slut used to mean slattern. My Grandma used to say it all the time "I've been such a slut today" She would've been about 120 now though and language evolves.

FayeKorgasm Fri 20-Sep-13 19:57:45

What a wanker hmm

kim147 Fri 20-Sep-13 19:59:29
Scarletohello Fri 20-Sep-13 20:00:27

My dad used to call my mum a slut. Not cos she slept around but cos she didn't keep the house pristine. Of course he never did any housework. Wanker. I think this is the context in which this disgustingly arrogant and misogynistic excuse for a man meant it. Hate UKIP. and everything they stand for. Scared about their popularity. Why are people so narrow minded and bigoted..,?

MadBusLady Fri 20-Sep-13 20:02:59

According to the Free Dictionary it still does mean that. Every day's a school day.

NichyNoo Fri 20-Sep-13 20:05:20

My dad called me a slut once when I was about 12 because I had dirty fingernails.

UKIP are dangerous party. They are predicted to do really well in next year's European election because people fall for the anti-EU propaganda and don't actually read their manifesto. They would abolish maternity leave for women.

I work in EU politics and they refuse to vote in the Parliament so do not represent their constituents at all. They are a wasted vote. Yet they still claim all the expenses they are allowed to.

Thymeandthymeagain Fri 20-Sep-13 20:10:27

What is the difference between a slut and a slag? confused

Dobbiesmum Fri 20-Sep-13 20:16:53

Older generations round here still use the word to mean a bad housekeeper and it's filtered down a little. It's a bit strange considering we're a commuter town on the main route between 2 major cities on one hand but so deep in the Pennines a lot of older people still speak in Lancashire Dialect. This is why when I can be bothered to check on FB I expect to find at least a few friends wondering why this particular thing is what has finally got the stupid git into trouble when Farage has so much stupidity to choose from...

MadBusLady Fri 20-Sep-13 20:19:59

Yeah I do wish they'd call out UKIP on the serious stuff. A lot of headline politics news is so fluffy.

Stravy Fri 20-Sep-13 20:20:12

I guess slag is worthless, as in slag heap

DameFanny Fri 20-Sep-13 20:23:16

Yabu for assuming some sort of fatalist design.

Why the fuck do ukip get do much airtime anyway? They're only the bnp in suits and ties.

MadBusLady Fri 20-Sep-13 20:23:45

Actually a woman does try to make the point about the slut/slag shift in meaning in that clip in a way that is plainly lost on both the men.

Saffyz Fri 20-Sep-13 20:27:15

YANBU

There's a lot of joviality in UKIP. This is a convenient way of detracting from the underlying unpleasantness of what they stand for.

Greythorne Fri 20-Sep-13 20:28:35

I agree that some older people up north like my mum still use slut to mean a woman who does not keep her house clean and tidy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now