(650 Posts)
TidyDancer Fri 16-Aug-13 06:58:26

Ready for later! smile

londonrach Fri 16-Aug-13 06:59:17

Could you summarise please tidy. X

Morgause Fri 16-Aug-13 06:59:27

<pops kettle on and passes round biscuits>

MummyBeerest Fri 16-Aug-13 07:01:10

All previous threads were on my watch list. But the 4th?
I'm so in.

Is the wedding this weekend? ?

Part 4?!
I was only on part 2...

Pinebarrens Fri 16-Aug-13 07:09:26

a summary would be great!

I missed no3. Summary?

SpecialAgentCuntSnake Fri 16-Aug-13 07:22:22

Marking place.

HMG83 Fri 16-Aug-13 07:33:10

Shameless placemark. Looking forward to your update tonight! What could hunfriend possible have to say?

AaDB Fri 16-Aug-13 07:34:32

No 3 disappeared from my I'm on list. I'd love a catch up or link please.

AaDB Fri 16-Aug-13 07:44:43

Found thread 3. Tidy is going for a drink with hunfriend tonight. so called because gluezilla asked 'what's up, hun?' to a remark made by uninvited guest; one of the 20/100 save the daters but stay at home peeps.

sweetestcup Fri 16-Aug-13 07:44:44

Id like a summary Tidy, I missed 2 and 3, although I read all of 1!

SlightlyItchyBraStrap Fri 16-Aug-13 07:45:05

Part FOUR? Surely this must be a mumsnet record.

Thumbwitch Fri 16-Aug-13 07:47:45

Not just marking my place, OH no, not me. As if. <settles down>

thistlelicker Fri 16-Aug-13 07:48:08

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! waves-

thistlelicker Fri 16-Aug-13 07:48:44

I've missed the end of the last thread!! How rude of me!

gintastic Fri 16-Aug-13 07:55:38

Waiting with bated breath...

TheDoctrineOfJetlag Fri 16-Aug-13 07:56:55

<whistles>

Groovee Fri 16-Aug-13 07:59:21

Where's part 3?

SkinnybitchWannabe Fri 16-Aug-13 07:59:55

A summary would be great please.

prettybird Fri 16-Aug-13 08:04:15

Gluesister also emailed Tidydancer and asked what was up, saying Gluezilla was upset hmm. Tidydancer replied with input from MN explaining the sequence of events (ie that she'd been asked to decorate the hall for the wedding she had effectively been uninvited to and had said no but that GZ didn't seem to want to accept that).

Gluesister replied saying "Sorry you feel that way".

Now awaiting result of TD meeting another of the "uninvited", who was "hunned" by GZ on Facebook after a sarcastic comment which appears to be linked to the wedding.

Summary

Bride sent out save the date cards to 100 people including Tidy

More recently, bride sent out 80 invitations. This is bad form but Tidy sucked it up.

Bride emailed Tidy to ask for her help in decorating her venue to her 50s/60s Hollywood theme. This is explicitly because Tidy has skills in this area, is local, and is not invited. Bride does not want to spoil the surprise for the invited guests.

Tidy declined.

Bride asked her to reconsider.

Tidy declined.

Bride's sister doesn't know Tidy but contacted her to say that bride is very upset, so will she please reconsider.

Tidy explained that she wishes bride well, but given circumstances including work, childcare and not being invited she still declines to help.

Sister acknowledges receipt fairly non-committally.

Friend Vaguebooks. Bride replies "what's up hun" and gets "..." in response. This friend is one of the 20 uninvitees.

Tidy and friend are meeting today (Friday 16th).

Additional notes:

* because of suggested response "Are you on glue?" bride is known as Gluezilla and we also refer to GlueSister, GlueGroom, etc.

* Because of a suggested decoration scheme of Sylvanian Family wedding set, we are shoehorning Sylvanian Family references in wherever possible

* Gluezilla is planning one of those "running away from T Rex" photos.

FruOla Fri 16-Aug-13 08:23:17

Tidy, if you're tempted to consume vast amounts of alcohol this evening, please try not to - or at least please try to stay sober enough to remember the conversation with HunFriend grin.

Or just record the conversation so you can play it back to yourself when you're regaling us with the details of whatever it is that Glue has done to HunFriend wink.

KoalaFace Fri 16-Aug-13 08:23:20

Love Horry's summary. Particularly the "additional notes".

I wonder if hunfriend is incandescent? She'll flip her lid when ahe hears about Tidy's Slave the Date issues.

I missed hunfriend's status though. What exactly did she say?

sweetestcup Fri 16-Aug-13 08:27:12

Horry thank you, that sums it up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now