To Be Pissed Off By Troll Hunters?

(152 Posts)
DioneTheDiabolist Thu 01-Aug-13 13:27:26

They feed trolls and disrupt the flow of threads.

Troll Hunting breaches the Talk Guidelines, if you believe that someone is a troll, use the Report button and ignore the thread. It really is that simple, but repeatedly I see people accusing posters of being trolls.

So why do they do it?confused. Does it make the hunter feel superior, that they have been so insightful and feel the rest of us, mere mortals need their wisdomhmm or do they live such sheltered lives that they cannot imagine anything outside the realms of their own personal experience?

I have recently seen it happen on threads regarding child abuse and suicide. I understand that these are sensitive, triggering topics, but they are real problems for some people who come here seeking support.

So AIBU to be pissed off by Troll Hunters and wish they would stop it? After all, if it really is a Troll thread, all the hunters do is push it back up the Active board and give it more traffic, thereby feeding it.angry

feelingood Thu 01-Aug-13 23:06:02

but why do we need to discuss - just report let MNHQ decide - as they have said up thread they have more info than we do to make a considered decision.

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 01-Aug-13 23:06:16

TiggyD, I'm with you. I'm no troll hunter. I'm a troll slayer.grin

Unfortunately nobody has given me a crossbow, so I have to content myself with forwarding their position the real slayers at MNHQ.sad grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now