To think if I have pubic hair so should my dog?

(52 Posts)
HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 14:17:06

Or other animals for that matter. They just have the same fur as every where else. They have the same needs for genital protection surely?

What's with all the humanoid wiry weirdness.

Why don't other mammals have pubes?
Well except for dolphins ... That would just be fucking wrong.

Why?

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 14:52:17

I'm sorry what? That's a scientific article? He washed his pube in the shower. Thinks "oh hello?" Then gets funding for a nice day at the zoo perving at the monkeys. From this he decides pubes are plumage?! I think not.

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 14:54:02

Juney, different to the rest?

I don't think early man was made entirely of pube though. Even though body hairy has receded it still nothing like pube. Nor is head hair.

juneybean Tue 23-Jul-13 14:55:17

Hmm its still furry rather than coarse but its got a definite wave to it compared to his straight hair.

wharrgarbl Tue 23-Jul-13 14:56:22

Only immaced a baby.

WTAF?

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 15:04:44

Long story whaaar. Only did it the once though, it's not a habit or anything smile

I have just caught a bee in the house and was about to check for pubes when I remembered they don't have genitals as such. blush

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 15:05:49

Ha! In your face scientist dude. Cats have pubes!

RinseAndRepeat Tue 23-Jul-13 15:13:54

This has got to be a contender for the most WTF thread title ever.

TotallyBursar Tue 23-Jul-13 15:15:15

My bitch has bald armpits, groin and this weird kind of reverse landing strip going on - with a strip of bare instead of a strip of hair. She's not very TOWIE but I'm wondering now if there have been shenanigans....she does like showing it to folk and trying to engage their interest, up to and including reversing on to DH's face I was envy, I got told off when I did it, she got a biscuit and put on her bed she is spayed, just proud of it.

Our dog has a totally bald sheath and groinal area too- he likes to stand in front of the fan with his willy out, just kind of enjoying the breeze. He spends a lot of time seeing if he wants to put his penis in/on/over stuff - paddling pool - yes, sandpit - no, bath - yes, cats - noooo, stupidly unguarded tub of ice cream - yes, then eat it and save the willy clean for a snack later.
I guess hair would very much impede fun activities for both.

I am now desperate to see a proper, glorious, unapologetic, massive pubescape on a dog (or cat) just...BAM minge.

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 16:01:13

TotallyBursar.

I think your dogs are the canine equivalent of those sort people your mum and dad warned you to stay away from.

lookingforbaubles Tue 23-Jul-13 16:19:59

small ddog gets her lady garden/bum tidied up at the groomers every 6 weeks

its not some thing i asked for it just seems to be part of the general package -- tho i have asked for it to be not quite so landing strip shaved

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 16:21:23

Your dog gets a Brazilian???????? <<boggles>>

TotallyBursar Tue 23-Jul-13 17:23:45

grin I am actually one of the people my mother warned me about - it is very much more fun! I am quite proud of their shameless exhibitionism, my mother could constipate herself with angst over the correct matching underwear so I have rather gone the other way.
The boy will let you know he likes you by sitting next to you or on your lap and will use a front paw to push your hand downstairs until he can thwap his willy into it. Once positioned he will conjure up the best DM sad face if you don't tickle it. No one will admit to teaching him and I can well believe it's spontaneous pervery.
Depending on my mood much amusement can be had in some faux horror at one's friends being dog fondlers...happy days.

I would say Hully pup is too young to be introduced to such beasts - it's like Dirty dancing meets lady and the tramp here.
There is a Bulldog at the woods that tries to take advantage of poodles.
Actually there's pubes I would love to see - as poodles are so curly, would their pubic hair be differentiated by it's straightness?

SelfRighteousPrissyPants Tue 23-Jul-13 17:28:04

My dog's been shaved (unlike myself) but only for spaying. Doesn't seem to be growing back much- maybe the weather? confused

I remember noticing once as a child that my male cat had tits. confused

The whole animals/sex issue is all too confusing.

For gawd's sake do not - I repeat - do not wander into that part of YouTube. You can never unsee certain things.

BadRoly Tue 23-Jul-13 17:34:08

I have just snorted at getting the dog a mirkin! grin

digerd Tue 23-Jul-13 18:22:01

Mine is a bundle of fur dog but she has fluff only all round her vulva, but not a bush as would be difficult to clean and dry after weeing. The most hairless bit is lower down on her tummy, but I can't see she has a pubic bone as we do. She is four-legged and we are 2 so built differently.
When she was in season 3 months ago, her vulva swelled and elongated enormously and was plain to see was hairless at the back.

crashdoll Tue 23-Jul-13 19:31:32

My dog has pubes....well, hair at the end of his willy. He likes his pubes a lot and dedicates an enormous amount of time to ensuring his man garden is well groomed.

Oor dug has hairy bits. she gets them shaved on a regular basis. Haven't tried waxing but DD did once put stickers on her lower belly kind of like a vajasal, only with Charlie and Lola stickers.

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 20:06:02

Ok,

So people have pubes

Cat appear to have pubes

Dogs are sick perverted fuckers

Are our conclusions thus far?

peachactiviaminge Tue 23-Jul-13 20:44:01

I quite genuinely fucking crying at Bursardog have you tried him on dried frog tablets?

HoneyDragon Tue 23-Jul-13 21:11:40

I personally think TotallyB has been drink something made with apples. Well mostly apples.

TotallyBursar Wed 24-Jul-13 07:27:50

I have not. I had a snifter of Linnaeus but barely enough to moisten my strawberry.

I have been asking people if they have an opinion on pubic hair in other mammalian species. Many of them had this face grin ...shock ....confused and now may be contributing to the pet rolling epidemic in these parts.

Rats have no pubes but massive balls nor does our hedgehog although he is the front runner with a covering of downy fluff significantly different in texture to his belly hair.

I know the proper answer to the question but this is one of those things that is not about how the world is but about how it should be. Like weasels.
So many people agree it makes you wonder if it used to be that way then someone snuck in and changed it, because of budget cuts or some such, and we all have a racial (species..al?) memory of what should be happening but isn't and it's all a bit disquieting when you realise it's bugged you, incognito, for years.

TotallyBursar Wed 24-Jul-13 07:29:03

Linnaeus? What the funk? Pimms.

HoneyDragon Wed 24-Jul-13 23:32:24

I asked the vet today. He has decided to torture all new interviewees with this question grin

Morloth Wed 24-Jul-13 23:36:50

I would love a proper furry covering. Mine is inadequate.

I would also like a tail, a big fluffy one to wrap around myself like the cat does.

Am jealous of the cat...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now