Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to not care at all about the royal baby?

(67 Posts)
lu9months Mon 22-Jul-13 21:05:39

i wish them well as i would any new parents. but really. its a child, as wonderful as any other new baby. i find it obscene the extent to which they are venerated and exalted. sorry. just how i feel.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 22-Jul-13 21:07:20

That's how you feel, so YANBU but like it or not he is a very special baby.

beeny Mon 22-Jul-13 21:07:33

I agree

servingwench Mon 22-Jul-13 21:08:43

YANBU, I don't care! All that you said, but I don't care. There was a spread in the paper a few weeks ago of Kate in her pregnancy outfits...I sadly added up how much they cost...57k...just wrong!

BlingBang Mon 22-Jul-13 21:09:22

Wish them well but other than that, not fussed. Seeing the crowds outside Buck P is just crazy.

MrsPercyPig Mon 22-Jul-13 21:09:36

YABU - it's a momentous day, our future King has just been born!

LaydeeC Mon 22-Jul-13 21:09:55

'a very special baby'
er, don't think so - luck of the birth draw that will allow him a life of unimaginable privilege does not make him any more special than my babies were/are

IDontDoIroning Mon 22-Jul-13 21:10:03

YANBU I agree. It's just opium for the masses and keeps the more depressing news off the headlines.

Doha Mon 22-Jul-13 21:10:03

YANBU agree 100%

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:10:56

Apparently it's a boy - according to the 6 threads on chat, the newsflash and FB.

Some people are just swept up in the myth and celebrity that is the Royal Family.

Then they'll buy the pushchair, the clothes and copy the name.

WineNot Mon 22-Jul-13 21:11:04

Already been done.

If you don't care, fine... It's not a crime.

But you care enough to start a thread about it...

Most people simply wish them well... It's the media that exalt them. A fact which seems to escape a lot of people.

I dont care either and the FB posts of pictures of her saying 'like if you are proud of our Kate' are getting stupid

There's loads of them.

PictureMeInThese Mon 22-Jul-13 21:11:25

YABU.
I think its lovely.
I do agree that it will be way over reported and exploited and we'll be sick of hearing about it but I'll try and avoid all that!
But to not care about the baby? No.

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:12:12

But that King could turn out to be a selfish arrogant prat - and still rule over us.

Because we don't have a choice in our Head of State.

cheerfulweather Mon 22-Jul-13 21:12:13

Yanbu. I've hidden eight threads about the royals today...so far

LaydeeC Mon 22-Jul-13 21:12:22

Doha and IDontDoIroning
yes, wonder what bad news for the disabled and poor will be hidden today

Xihha Mon 22-Jul-13 21:12:46

wait, there's a royal baby? I hadn't noticed

sassytheFIRST Mon 22-Jul-13 21:13:07

Hear hear op.

Lovely for the family. Shouldn't be in the least bit interesting to anyone else.

YANBU

panem et circenses

FutTheShuckUp Mon 22-Jul-13 21:15:03

YANBU at all grr

BlueStones Mon 22-Jul-13 21:20:26

I agree. They seem like a nice couple, but I really can't get interested in the child of strangers.

Pleased for them, but have no desire to here about as headline news for the next few days.

lu9months Mon 22-Jul-13 21:26:03

'you care enough to start a thread about it' - that's because i am being driven mad by the media, facebook, (mumsnet - whisper it!) etc etc, and it is making me increasingly cross about the inequality everyone seems to accept. i cant help thinking about all the mums giving birth at st marys on the nhs side, and in other nhs hospitals today, hoping there will be enough midwives to give them decent care. and all those mums scraping enough together to get what they need for their new baby. its unbelievable to me that everyone seems so fine with that.

Lovely for them, I wish them well but i am not interested. I was reading on here last week about children who will be hungry this summer because they will not have free school meals and yet the news is full of the new prince born to a life of luxury.

McNewPants2013 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:28:36

I think it is a lovely, it's nice that the news isn't all doom and gloom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now