AIBU to want to report this stinky woman?

(53 Posts)
LookingForwardToMarch Fri 12-Jul-13 16:52:42

It is boiling here, and I have just spent my fourth afternoon with all the back doors and windows shut.

We can't go into our back garden.

I can't hang washing on the line without having to rewash it to get the stink out.

I can't take my baby out to sit on the grass and play.

Why?

Because the woman who moved into the rented house next door smokes the strongest, most potent skunk known to man!

I'm sick of it, and due to the tirade of foul abuse we had when she moved in she doesn't strike me as the sort of woman I can just go and have a chat with.

AIBU to want to report her to someone, anyone? Hell I know the police probably will not give a shit, and her kids are clean and looked after (looks like they are) so I don't think ss will care either.

So how do I stop her?

Short of hosing her down every time she sidles out of her backdoor and starting a neighbour war?

GameSetAndMatch Sat 13-Jul-13 18:18:57

did you report her then OP? whats happening?

LouiseSmith Sat 13-Jul-13 23:35:48

Ring the police. Its drugs, and she shouldn't be smoking them.x

whataboutbob Sat 13-Jul-13 23:58:39

OP- YANBU. Our previous downstairs neighbour was a chronic skunk smoker. The stuff is just awful. It made my life a misery- not being able to open the bedroom window on a hot night like this. Smelling the foul stuff in the kids' bedroom when I went to them in the morning. We considered all the options, the council and CAB advised us to go to the police but we stopped short as it would have enraged him. I couldn't t bear to speak to him in the end but DH is more tolerant and managed to suggest a few things to him and keep communication going eg " could you p,ease smoke on your living room, not under the bedrooms". You're not going to like what I say next: it only stopped when he died, of lung failure, before his 50 th. A wasted life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now