To serve pasta with Chilli?

(60 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Fri 28-Jun-13 15:40:46

Got the chilli on and just discovered that I have no rice left.

Would it be that bad to just serve it with pasta (fusilli if that makes a difference)?

FlumpsRule Fri 28-Jun-13 19:49:57

Who makes up the food 'rules' anyway? Sounds fine to me & I hope you enjoyed it smile

diddl Fri 28-Jun-13 19:27:20

Ooh cous cous-food of the gods!

Cheeseatmidnight Fri 28-Jun-13 19:20:16

Fine as far as I'm concerned! I love cous cous with chilli

I wouldn't. I'd have the chilli with crusty bread, or garlic pitta bread, or tortillas, or even just salad.

TrinityRhino Fri 28-Jun-13 19:09:13

It will be yummy, nothing to worry about

Allthingspretty Fri 28-Jun-13 19:05:39

it will be lovely.Have done it myself.

GingerPCatt Fri 28-Jun-13 18:55:17

Add lots of cheese and its chilli Mac an American dish. Totally fine. grin

cardibach Fri 28-Jun-13 18:52:16

I wouldn't - it doesn't seem 'right'. I like the texture of rice with chilli. I eat Arabiatta, so agree I am probably being a bit odd - I thin k it is because the Arabiatta sauce is thinner so the texture works better. I would prefer jackets or wedges.

Well, chilli is just bolognese with a few extras. I do this all the time.

raisah Fri 28-Jun-13 18:36:54

Chilli & pasta is like a mexican version of spag bolognese! No big deal enjoy!

Trazzletoes Fri 28-Jun-13 18:36:34

Edu make sure the chilli is served IN the Yorkshire pudding tho...

And yes, I am some kind of God grin <prints out thread and frames it>

EduCated Fri 28-Jun-13 17:48:24

Trazzle, I think you may be some kind of god. Chilli and Yorkshire Pudding? I HAVE TO TRY THIS IMMEDIATELY.

Trazzletoes Fri 28-Jun-13 17:27:27

The best things in the world with chilli are either:

1) pancakes and cheese sauce; or

2) Yorkshire pudding

Fact.

DiamondDoris Fri 28-Jun-13 17:26:53

Nothing wrong with pasta and chilli. Sometimes a chilli doesn't need any carb to go with it (not counting the beans). What about tortilla chips?

flipchart Fri 28-Jun-13 17:25:03

Would someone please PM about the deleted thread.
I am seriously curious. I came on to say we have pasta with chili often and then find out someone has been upsetting the applecart!!
Promise I won't refer to it!

ravenAK Fri 28-Jun-13 17:23:43

In this house:

Chilli pasta bake = yum.

Chilli + pasta = weird & wrong.

...which makes no sense at all when you think about it!

I'd dig out some wraps/tortillas & make enchilladas though. Or cous cous seems to go.

ballinacup Fri 28-Jun-13 17:20:25

Mix chilli and pasta together in a deep oven dish. In a bowl, smash up tortilla chips into crumbs, mix grated cheese of choice with tortilla crumbs. Spread cheese and chip mixture over the top of the pasta and chilli. Bake until crispy on top. A-MA-ZING.

Moominsarehippos Fri 28-Jun-13 16:56:03

It's carb! Not too dissimilar to a spicy bolognaise (with beans) I suppose.

Small portions though - it will be heaveeee!

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 28-Jun-13 16:53:18

Nothing wrong with it at all! It's yummy.

How on earth did someone manage to get a post deleted for breaking the guidelines on a thread about chilli and pasta??

squeakytoy Fri 28-Jun-13 16:49:41

chilli is little more than bolognaise with beans and chilli pepper in it.. so why not?

FreudiansSlipper Fri 28-Jun-13 16:44:59

i like a spicy sauce with pasta like arrabiata but not a sauce that has cumin and kidney beans in just imo does not go all too much together

LillyGrinter Fri 28-Jun-13 16:38:14

I'd go ahead and have the pasta! You have spicy pasta sauce so what the difference?

hardbeingme Fri 28-Jun-13 16:30:36

twas a proper recipe from a proper book and everything except they used mozzarella(sp) and personally i think its boring and they didn't add enough chilli peppers.

hmmm... suddenly decided what's for dinner....

Bejeena Fri 28-Jun-13 16:26:02

How on earth is it too stodgy? The contents of chilli are the same of a spaghetti bolognaise but just a bit of spice no? Where does the extra stodge come from?

catsrus Fri 28-Jun-13 16:24:14

pasta arrabiata is pasta with a chilli sauce (though not usually meaty chilli) and we eat it a lot - it goes fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now