Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask what a mumsnet summer will hold?

(62 Posts)
gordyslovesheep Germany Mon 20-May-13 15:49:21

So we have Feb and march - crap valentines and no present for mothers day threads

Easter is omg mil gave my child chocolate ...

Eurovision ...obviously

And the Christmas favourites mil-dinner- how much do you spend- Shit gifts

So what are the summer staples?

SoniaGluck Mon 20-May-13 20:00:40

I remember that thread Wilson. I don't think that I read to the end, though, because I can't remember the outcome.

You know, sometimes, my being on MN reminds me that I am just like my auntie twitching her curtains to spy her neighbours - only on an epic scale. shock

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Mon 20-May-13 20:14:34

I can't understand how a 6-week summer holiday can be too long.

Fair enough if you are working, but there are numerous threads by SAHM's desperate to find "activities" to do with their children.

Here summer holidays are 10 weeks (13 for teenagers) and they are never long enough. Despite the fucking endless rain.

IamtheZombie Mon 20-May-13 21:00:48

The "We're due to leave on our holiday in 4 days and I've just realised my passport has expired" threads. There will be lots of those.

MrsMcEnroe Mon 20-May-13 21:13:38

And the "we're due to get on a plane tomorrow and my DC has chickenpox and is contagious but we can still go can't we?" threads...

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Mon 20-May-13 21:39:22

Have we started the "what shall I buy as a present for my pfb's teacher? A small Caribbean island or a gold ingot?" threads?

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 20-May-13 21:54:01

Zombie Yes.
I never ever get people that leave their passport till the last minute.
Surely that is the very first thing you arrange before you even book?
And that's from someone that is the most disorganised person in the world.

Moaning about things to do with holidays abroad not jealous at all as well as general summer clothes and probably how independent you should let your DC be.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Mon 20-May-13 22:18:16

This has just reminded me that my driving licence is out of date and I need it for my holidays ..........

decaffwithcream Tue 21-May-13 11:23:42

And the "my children want to camp in the garden alone/ can I leave my child asleep in the hotel room if we are in the restaurant with a baby monitor" threads which become heated and do not end well.

CambridgeBlue Tue 21-May-13 11:27:49

White linen trousers and holiday wardrobes.

MomsNetCurtains Tue 21-May-13 11:31:08

SirChenjin grin

SirChenjin Tue 21-May-13 21:22:55

blush

My hair has been very frizzy today and yesterday btw, in case anyone is interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now