Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Lobby Procter and Gamble to stop using plastic applicators

(136 Posts)
RCallway Thu 16-May-13 09:51:20

Please join me in lobbying Procter and Gamble to stop using unnecessary plastic applicators. Write to:

Bob McDonald - CEO: mcdonald.r@pg.com
freda.f@pg.com
daley.c@pg.com
mcdonald.r@pg.com
arnold.s@pg.com

I sent them the following message which you can amend / use if you like:

Dear Bob

I bought Tampax Compak for the first time in a very long time at a shop because I had no alternative options. I was extremely shocked and disappointed to find a plastic, unrecycled, non-degradable applicator. Surely P&C have the skills and global conscience to use a degradable and recycled cardboard applicator - if it has to use one at all?! Using petroleum-based plastic is an extremely backward step - both an anti-green and anti-social choice. I understand some women feel the need to use applicators but please, please, please look at alternative options or save money and the environment and drop the applicator altogether.

Best wishes

FitzgeraldProtagonist Fri 17-May-13 13:48:36

I love tampax pearl. Glidy, non pinchy, do an ultra light version. YABU.

YoniMitchell Fri 17-May-13 14:21:02

Actually I like the plastic applicators too - the card ones always got bend or mashed-up in your bag, didn't 'slip' in or really work too well.

If you're in that much of a state about their impact on the environment, then use non-applicator tampons or a mooncup.

My fanjo, my choice what goes up there and how. Don't meddle with my muff.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 17-May-13 18:38:26

Tampax pearl is the Rolls Royce of tampons. Fact.

MrsDWinchester Fri 17-May-13 18:49:12

I feel Procter and Gamble should be boycotted for their cruel and unnecessary animal testing. There is absolutely no need for them to torture innocent animals.

BananaPie Fri 17-May-13 19:04:33

Cardboard are fine, agree plastic is marginally easier, but they're also much pricier. Now a mooncup convert anyway - just wish I'd started using one sooner! Weirdly have never got on with lillets.

QueenStromba Fri 17-May-13 19:36:11

I was fine with lillets when I was a young teenager but as I got older I needed superplus tampons which were difficult to place correctly without an applicator. So glad I don't need to worry about it anymore - mooncups really are the next best thing to not having periods at all.

ifancyashandy Fri 17-May-13 19:42:47

Question: is putting a moon cup in place similar to putting in a diaphragm?

Lilypad34 Fri 17-May-13 19:58:26

AIBU to find this thread hilarious?!

UterusUterusGhali Fri 17-May-13 20:02:48

This is one of my favourite threads ever. grin

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 17-May-13 20:11:12

Why has Bob not appeared on this thread yet?! ungrateful environmentally wasteful, tampon flogger

dementedma Fri 17-May-13 21:43:57

Tampax Pearl are super comfy. Not getting the pinching thing at all.cardboard ones stick, no applicators too fiddly.
I'm sticking with the plastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now