to think this is a strange compliment?

(30 Posts)
BegoniaBampot Mon 13-May-13 19:06:32

just seen a guy announce his engagement on FB with a photo added of his fiance. amid all the usual 'congratualtions, and so happy for you' etc was the comment:
'i know she's ya mrs but thats one for the wank bank'.

Am I just getting old and turning into Mary Whitehouse?

BrawToken Mon 13-May-13 19:56:26

That is horrible. Makes me feel queasy. On the subject of bumper stickers there was a Dad at my daughter's school who had a sticker that said 'save energy, make love slowly'. What made it worse was he was really old and fat and generally disgusting and his wife was a young gorgeous Filipino woman (who has since left him and I am pals with!).

If its a mate, then they all know each others SOH. I've got big boobs, mainly cos I've put on weight. Recently I wore a dress cut to show them off to a party. I was sitting down and my DP came over with our male friend, he said "bloody hell, your puppies have turned into Labradors, I need to go to the bog" meaning to have a wank. It was funny and acceptable in our company. We are a mixed gender group and have lots of "in" jokes. People forget that FB isn't just between friends, but the comment should be ignored by anyone who may not get the "in" joke.

BegoniaBampot Mon 13-May-13 20:04:49

true, though the mate might not know the lady at all.

SomethingOnce Mon 13-May-13 21:07:04

Pearl-clutch-inducing vulgarity. Ewwww, YANBU.

CrapBag Mon 13-May-13 21:43:33

They both 'liked' that comment?

YANBU. Idiot for putting that comment and idiots for liking it. This is why I have left facebook. Too many idiots on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now