Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be very hacked off with Royal Mail?

(29 Posts)

I sent Wilf's college medical staff his repeat prescription by recorded delivery first class last Thursday and it still hasnt arrived.
I know it was a BH weekend but i always thought fc letters got there the next day. I have been tracking it and it just says it is travelling through their system. I have been hassling them on Twitter and they just say "Sorry hope it gets to you soon" hmm

Bump!

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 17:21:11

I would be annoyed too.

But.....If its an essential item you could ask the prescriber (/gp surgery) to fax a new prescription through to a local pharmacy for it to be collected. You would have contact the pharmacy and check they were happy to do this ( so yes its still a hassle ) . Or a pharmacist can also issue and emergency supply of medication to a patient if they have lost/ misplaced their meds ( contaceptives, inhalers, bp meds etc).

Slumberparty Thu 09-May-13 17:28:55

YANBU - I sent a load of packages 2nd class last Friday and they were delivered yesterday. You should definitely complain to get a refund or compensation.

Our doctors refuse to fax prescriptions.......It is for his fish oil tablets which his doctors in college wont issue on prescription. The cost £16 over the counter! shock

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 17:34:06

Ok, sorry but its not really an emergency item then. I'm sure it can wait untill the Royal mail finally delivers.

I suppose so but it's the fact that they have been so meh about it! It's a good job it isnt an emergency. I think i will be emailing Moya Greene if it isnt there by tomorrow!

JeeanieYuss Thu 09-May-13 17:47:31

It shouldn't make a difference whats in it, it's the principal surely!

Really?.... fish oil? On prescription? ffs.. no wonder the NHS is falling apart.

Really?.... fish oil? On prescription? ffs.. no wonder the NHS is falling apart.

magimedi Thu 09-May-13 17:52:26

Am I right in thinking that there has been some sort of strike at part of the RM this week?? Maybe that's why it's all taken so long.

mingtea Thu 09-May-13 18:24:49

Mm, dunno if it's been a common thing across the country but I was expecting something urgent on Tuesday (was posted 1st class on Friday) and it only arrived today!

Yes arealman fish oils on prescription...................They help my son tremendously with his problems and i couldnt afford to buy them over the counter.

bubblesinthesky Thu 09-May-13 19:48:51

arealmum Lottie isn't just randomly giving her son fish oil because she wants to supplement his diet. He has some serious lifelong medical problems which fish oil help to control the symptoms of.

Lottie has been her sons carer for a long time and as such does not have a high income so something like fish oil would make a big dent in her bank balance.

I for one do not begrudge her son fish oil prescriptions. If his symptoms are controlled and helped by such a simple prescription it will probably save the NHS a lot in the long run.

Lottie I hope I've got all of that right and I have not offended you in anyway. I just wanted to make it clear there is a good reason for the prescription

InkleWinkle Thu 09-May-13 20:03:56

Well said Bubbles

bubblesinthesky Thu 09-May-13 20:20:29

sorry sould have addressed my post to arealman not arealmum - apologies

Thank you ladies for your support..........Yes the fish oils do help Wilf very much!

Royal Mail apparently delivered the prescription yesterday but failed to update their records as it still says it is in the system...........Another Tweet will be winging it's way now!!

Sirzy Fri 10-May-13 08:33:11

Well said bubbles.

Glad it has finally arrived Lottie!

I have tweeted them and they suddenly aren't so keen to reply to my tweets! (Wonder why....??hmm) I have also via Twitter got the email of the ceo of RM and have emailed her too! grin

bubblesinthesky Fri 10-May-13 09:06:53

Good glad its finally got there.

Afraid its typical of the royal mail these days. My mum sent me something first class last Monday and it finally turned up on Tuesday this week. It was some legal paper work I needed so sign and return so not impressed. Luckily it was not time critical.

Chavvytastic Fri 10-May-13 09:10:30

1st class is not worth the cost these days - whatever stamp you buy its "pot luck class".

I tend to send everything 2nd class and some stuff arrives within 2 days and other stuff in a week.

tiggytape Fri 10-May-13 09:12:48

Are you sure it hasn't arrived?
They don't always get a signature for recorded (even though they're supposed to) which means the system will never be updated to show it has been delivered even though it has been.

RM have replied to my tweets and asked again for my reference number. I won't hold my breath............

IcaMorgan Fri 10-May-13 10:25:42

if it doesnt show as signed for you can claim the recorded charge back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now