To be so shocked

(43 Posts)
froginthepond Mon 06-May-13 16:20:04

AIBU to be so shocked? So ds and I were at the beach earlier and we saw a little girl walk past, she looked approx 2 max maybe 20 odd months. I had to look twice but her tshirt had the following phrase printed on it. "if you think im a little bitch you should my mum" shock Bitch was fully printed out too. Who the hell makes such tshirts and who would put one on a child it was all a bit shock and sad Does anyone else feel this is just wrong? Her mum must be a real prize role model hmm

EarlyInTheMorning Mon 06-May-13 16:59:43

I hate slogans on adult t-shirts anyway but something like that on a child is just pathetic.

I saw a changing mat last week with "9 months ago my Mummy read 50 shades of grey and here I am" <shudder>hmm

roofio87 Mon 06-May-13 17:17:15

I saw a baby gro that said "if you think I'm yummy wait till you meet my mummy" that is cute, no need for a child to be wearing clothes with a swear word on. but having heard how some people speak to their children I'm not surprised!!

C999875 Mon 06-May-13 17:20:27

I'm with you. I hate t shirts with disrespectful slogans written on them and then we have a society that wonders why some children have no respect. I was a frilly smock dress type of mummy for my child obviously. Absolutly each to their own but I hate to see children dressed like adults. xxx

PipkinsPal Mon 06-May-13 17:26:08

YANBU but I think I would be saddened rather than shocked. Saddened that the little girl's mother thinks it is acceptable to dress her daughter this way. My Mother wouldn't let us wear tee-shirts with our names on them when we were kids in case a stranger said "Hello Pipkins" and we would then think that person knew us and we would go with them. And just to be smug, lots of lovely beaches in Swansea/Gower and I was at one today wink

miffybun73 Mon 06-May-13 17:30:24

YANBU at all, just makes me feel really very sad for the little girl.

zeldapinwheel Mon 06-May-13 17:38:35

I saw an approx 3 year old wearing a t-shirt saying "hooters girl in training". Classy.

miffybun73 Mon 06-May-13 17:56:26

shock at zelda

Pollydon Mon 06-May-13 18:01:14

Hell.No shock

MadameJosephine Mon 06-May-13 18:11:58

Ick no, buying for dd1 (8) is tragically hard but i'm used to it - i shop online for her as i am able to skip past tarty clothes to normal 8 year old girl stuff.

Buying for dd2 (due august) has been a revalation confused dd1 had a top from adams ''future princess'' <boak now but i was young!> but the things i've seen for babies now make me sad leopard print and nasty slogans that a grown woman should be ashamed to wear never mind put on a baby.

fluffyraggies Mon 06-May-13 18:23:08

madameJo shockshock sad sad

In fact more sad than shock

Xmasbaby11 Mon 06-May-13 18:29:02

vile!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 06-May-13 18:29:04

I once saw a girl, about 5 years old, with the tshirt 'I'm proof my mum is easy!' On it.

I was, and still am, totally gobsmacked!!

Have read the thread and agree with you all, but really have only come on to applaud shipwrecked's name and offer her some mango juice smile

lljkk Mon 06-May-13 19:41:16

I think it's hilarious <<Shallow>>.
I wouldn't buy one for my child, or even let her wear it, mind.

DH at the beach with 3 DC today!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 06-May-13 19:47:28

Ah yes! With goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes...

Thanks grin

DeepPurple Mon 06-May-13 19:52:07

All of them are vile. How can anyone think they are cute or funny?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now