Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think Candy Crush Saga is totally fixed?

(81 Posts)
MardyBra Mon 06-May-13 14:45:44

Yes, I can understand that they're wanting to maximise revenue, but I'm sure that some levels are fixed so that they're physically impossible unless you play them over and over or buy the fecking cheats ( which I refuse to do).

Angry Birds is hard on some levels, but at least you have the same scenario and birds each time, so you don't have to wait until an achievable bird scenario comes along. This game is pissing me off now, because I'm sure they deliberately give you unsolvable combinations most of the time.

AgentZigzag Mon 06-May-13 18:12:34

Oh yeah, and you're a star too for bringing it up Tee grin

If they're cheating anyway it just balances it up as a double-cheat.

I wonder how they fix it though because how the sweets pan out on the grid seems random, but like other posters have said, I've got down to one jelly and one move left but no way of getting rid of it. That's not chance is it? And that lots of people are stuck on the same level says they've tweaked it somehow.

Farm Heroes is just as bad. I am stuck on level 54 of that and 208 of Candy Crush. I have no life.

MammaTJ Mon 06-May-13 19:55:05

Level 305 here and I admit I have spent the odd pound or two. Not much though and only when really stuck for ages. Only to buy the three extra moves.

level 65 here! its been a week already sad

somedayma Mon 06-May-13 20:16:07

How many levels are there?! Does anyone know? Or do they just keep adding them? I'm amazed at how bloody popular it is; they even have a tv ad for it- v unusual for a a free game. I'm addicted. Level 115

BatmanLovesVodkaAndCherryade Mon 06-May-13 20:27:13

Got to 208, stuck on that for weeks, then deleted it sad

I used to spend the odd pound here or there - they've lost that now. Take that, The Man!

Carolra Mon 06-May-13 20:37:54

If you're playing on an iPhone, you can set your phone clock forwards by 3 hrs to get more lives...

You need to set the clock forward (Settings, General, Date/Time) and then open Candy Crush. Before you start playing, set the clock back to normal. You should still have 5 lives. You need to make sure you have set the clock forward by enough to get 5 lives and then back again or it won't work properly....

Somedayma - Candy crush has 305 levels, I don't know how many Farm Heroes has.

I'm not hooked, though ..... I can give it up any time I want .... honest!

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Mon 06-May-13 22:06:16

I'm stuck on 323 at the moment. I need to finish so I can do my revision and coursework!

I have succumbed twice now and bought power ups. Once when I was stuck for two weeks and got down to the last move and had two, perfectly set up, moves to clear the level and another when I just couldn't clear the jelly stuff on one level for over a week so I bought the hammers. I said never again but I can see me wavering when I get truly stuck again - I get so bored playing the same level over and over.

nipersvest Mon 06-May-13 22:09:54

omg!! have just uploaded that extension linked to earlier for firefox, i now have 99 lives, plus 99 each of all the boosters grin

this had better work, have been stuck on 183 for ages, it's even more evil than level 65.

Thewhingingdefective Mon 06-May-13 22:11:54

Nah, it's not fixed. I was stuck on level 125 for weeks and then my 7 year old DD comes along and completes it for me on her first try.

BriansBrain Mon 06-May-13 22:18:51

I'm stuck on level 30+ and it just doesn't give enough ingredients to crush EVER!!!

AgentZigzag Mon 06-May-13 22:19:33

I've just downloaded the extension too <big grin>

Although I downloaded the program that turned out to be an advert twice before DH worked out I'd been had by the lure of the big green shiny button grin

AgentZigzag Mon 06-May-13 22:24:10

Bit of mum/daughter bonding going on there Defective? grin

Chocoflump Mon 06-May-13 22:25:06

Another one stuck on 208!!!

I think this may be my last ever level...

LastOrdersAtTheBra Mon 06-May-13 22:29:20

I've just done 365 without ever paying, I do the clock trick and have a couple of fakebook accounts for lives and tickets.

I like not having to wait for lives but wouldn't want unlimited cheats, that would take the fun out of it for me.

ApplesinmyPocket Mon 06-May-13 22:47:41

"I'm stuck on level 30+ and it just doesn't give enough ingredients to crush EVER!!!"

Me too Brian'sBrain, me too... Except once.... I had one last ingredient (a unique moment in itself!) left on the bottom row. And only one move left. I had never, never got so close before. SO CLOSE...! I sat there for a moment staring at the little box seductively offering me some more moves, for what seemed like a bargain amount of money. One click ...

With a deep sigh I closed the pop-up, saved my money, made the last move, and watched YOU FAILED!! come up onscreen. And that's why I'm still stuck on 30 and have been for 2 weeks. But it would be so so easy to think 'oh I'll just pay this one time....'

timidviper Mon 06-May-13 23:04:54

Ican't get the lives and moves on FB, it only seems to offer them when I have got a full set of 5 lives so you can't have more and God knows what happens to the moves, I accept them but nothing happens.

I'm up to 88 but when I get stuck I just keep going till the right candies fall

zipzap Mon 06-May-13 23:05:46

Can anyone explain something to me please...

If somebody sends me an extra life in this, then when I open up I get the little screen showing who has sent what. However, I have 5 lives so it won't let me keep any extra lives. Doesn't matter if I tick to acknowledge or close the box down to come back to later - those messages with extra lives have just disappeared and I can't get back to them when I need them.

Is there any way to actually make use of the lives - other than being incredibly lucky with timings so that somebody sends you an extra life just when you are in the middle of playing and have used some of yours up...

Another one here who is stuck waiting to get a ferry pass off level 35 on the iphone (having not linked up to facebook or put any details in) and level 20 on facebook on the pc and refusing to pay for it on either of them!!

twinklytoes Mon 06-May-13 23:06:04

another stuck on 38.

think I missed the firefox link, can you repost or direct to post please..scrolling, quick reading can't see it sad

Doinmummy Mon 06-May-13 23:18:23

Noooiooi I've tried the clock thing and now have 1324 mins to wait fir next life . Have fiddled and fiddled putting clock back and forward and can't make it work

It currently has 365 levels, they add another 15 every few weeks.. it's ongoing. I've reached the current end but I also started playing waaaay before most people did, pre Olympics I think, so I've had a massive head start. I play Farm Heroes as well (currently 85 levels, at the end of that too) and I feel that relies on luck even more so than Candy Crush.

I actually don't begrudge very very occasionally (e.g. if I've been stuck on a level for about fifty plays or something crazy) buying the odd extra moves or special candies. After all, they're putting in the effort to make the game and there's no adverts aside from advertising their other games, so I don't see why they shouldn't get paid. It's just another way to make revenue from games development, an alternative to the traditional pay up front model. This model I feel in many ways is a lot fairer as the cost ends up somewhat relative to the amount you play it.

Then again I was a games developer for a while way back when so I'm probably biased. However I suspect the makers of Candy Crush are very rich right now from the recent huge boom in popularity so probably aren't crying into their beer over people not buying stuff out of principle!

Nanny0gg Mon 06-May-13 23:23:56

zipzap I wondered the same.

I'm now playing Bubble Witch again, as Candy Crush is annoying me too much.

Don't suppose there's an add-on for Chrome?

<hopeful>

BriansBrain Mon 06-May-13 23:26:43

There is an envelope under current lives that you click on when under 5 to give you offered lives.

AgentZigzag Mon 06-May-13 23:30:16

Here y'are twinkly

It's the 'Get the leethax.net Firefox extension' link down the page before the comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now