AIBU to think this ebay auction is offensive

(43 Posts)
LilQueenie Thu 18-Apr-13 17:08:33

or am I the one who needs to understand. I dont mean just the heading but further down in the body of the listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/childs-incar-safety-harness-ideal-for-children-with-behaviour-problems-/121094794125?pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item1c31cfeb8d

AmberLeaf Thu 18-Apr-13 17:59:49

Just an ad for a crelling harness, anyone with a use for one would know what it is and not be offended-don't worry!

She'd possibly get more interest if she put 'crelling' in the title.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 18-Apr-13 18:10:44

Yabu.
Definately not offensive. Probably not enough description on how it fits in the car. but i can message her for that. thankyou for linking. I could use one of these for my dc.

YoniMaroney Thu 18-Apr-13 18:13:37

yabu in posting a random ebay auction

Pendipidy Thu 18-Apr-13 18:16:32

YABU and you have too much time on your hands....

alwaysinhiding Thu 18-Apr-13 18:19:57

Yabu it's no different to tangle fidget toys advertised for stopping smokers/adhd/autism not everyone who wants one will have the above and those who do may not need the device, the info is still helpful

Moominsarehippos Thu 18-Apr-13 18:25:24

It's a car seat restraint though. All kids need them but this one does look rather sturdy.

If she had said it was for general use indoors then I would be a bit humph about it.

Geordieminx Thu 18-Apr-13 18:28:45

What's that phrase again? Oh yes... "The professionally offended"

Yabu

Crawling sell special needs equipment - including Houdini harnesses for children with ASD etc who get out of usual ones.

They sold me a harness for my severely autistic son years ago after he ran out of a shop while I was paying & straight into a road. That harness was a godsend for a number of years as I could slip the strap through my arm and use two hands - eg to pay & he couldn't run off.

He no longer really needs one 99% of the time but a lot of his peers (all teenagers now) do still use them.

Bloody phone

Our and ours still hangs up next to the front door & if I had to walk along a busy street with him with both hands full I would still use it - & he's a teenager. Nothing offensive at all. Amongst his severely ASD peers he is unusual in not needing one for every journey.

tabulahrasa Thu 18-Apr-13 18:42:37

Um...last time I checked everyone's supposed to be restrained in a car. hmm

That's a Houdini type one though.

sweetestcup Thu 18-Apr-13 18:54:39

I thought it was a little insulting to think that a harness must be used for children with adhd/aspergers/autism

Where does it say that? confused

KobayashiMaru Thu 18-Apr-13 19:14:21

So you don't have a sn child, you just thought you would criticise a woman who does, for her supposed bad attitude towards children with sn, of which there is no evidence at all? hmm

The only insulting, offensive one in this scenario is the OP.

Pickles101 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:16:47

The only insulting, offensive one in this scenario is the OP.

Quite.

YABVU, OP.

LittleEdie Thu 18-Apr-13 19:23:41

Hang on a minute, the OP did say she might be the one who needs to understand. She didn't realise that this is a standard piece of kit. But saying she's being offensive seems a bit of an overreaction.

AmberLeaf Thu 18-Apr-13 19:26:14

Yeah, lay off the OP.

I think she had good intentions, but just misunderstood, which she did admit to.

No need to lynch her.

LilQueenie Sat 20-Apr-13 09:52:59

Thank you littleEdie and AmberLeaf.

I dont know about these things as I dont have a SN child. I learned something new.

KobayashiMaru Im not criticising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now