Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want him to man up?

(30 Posts)
morgan1981 Tue 09-Apr-13 12:15:36

First time poster, b/c i need some advice!not really sure what to do sad

I've fancied someone at work for ages, we have been together a few times and now I've found out I am pregnent. We talked and agreed to have it 'taken care of' (his words he is a bit of a ladies man) and I agreed b/c i was worried about what people at work would say but I am already 32 and tbh i have been wanting a baby for ages but i am scared at how he's going to react

Booyhoo Tue 09-Apr-13 13:51:12

he is perfectly entitled to not want to become a parent. just as you are. would you accept anyone telling you to woman up if you choose not to have this baby?

cantspel Tue 09-Apr-13 13:57:46

You are not in a relationship with this man. He is little more than a fuck buddy so if you want to keep this child then you need to do so expecting no input financial or otherwise from him.

It doesn't matter what anyone at work says or thinks.
It is your body, your child and your life so the choice is yours.

HollyBerryBush Tue 09-Apr-13 14:00:18

Is he in a position of superiority at work?

How are your colleagues going to react?

Not that that will make much of a difference - but if your social life is based round work, be prepared to be ostracised if he is more popular/senior than you.

Have you got family support?

Booyhoo Tue 09-Apr-13 14:01:53

and actually if you BOTH talked and agreed to 'have it taken care of' then i'm struggling to understand what he has done wrong. you both talked it through and you both agreed. why is he suddenly the bad guy because you have changed your mind and want to have the baby?

DaemonPantalaemon Tue 09-Apr-13 15:13:11

OP also says, I have been wanting a baby for ages.

It may be best to have one with a man who has also been wanting a baby for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now