AIBU to feel a bit sorry for Wile E Coyote?

(20 Posts)
Salmotrutta Mon 25-Mar-13 20:17:19

The housekeeper used to chase Tom with a broom.

Poor Tom sad

StanleyLambchop Mon 25-Mar-13 20:12:54

Can't beat Bugs Bunny though!!

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 20:04:17

Scarlet that sounds like something I would have done - I always favour the underdog!

WorriedMummy73 Mon 25-Mar-13 20:00:23

I did not like it when they gave Tom and Jerry voices, or when they made them friends!

I love it when they turn into accordions grin

Oh...and Daffy Duck is a legend.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 20:00:06

But he always looked so resigned to his fate hassled - that is what pulls at my heart strings.

Salmotrutta Mon 25-Mar-13 19:59:07

I always loved Tom's blood-curdling scream when the frying pan (or whatever implement) hit him in the face grin

Hassled Mon 25-Mar-13 19:56:11

Noooo - he deserves to be eaten by Tom. Not by himself. That would make a worrying cartoon.

Hassled Mon 25-Mar-13 19:55:22

Jerry is a smug annoying little git and he deserves to be eaten by Jerry. Jerry's thick, but he's loveable thick.

Wile E Coyote, however, is just too thick to survive. He takes stupidity to whole new levels.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 19:55:15

He can't be that rare - There's a recipe book!

I loved Wile E and Roadrunner as a child. This reminds me of a Primary school project I had to do when I was about 9. We had to write a letter "persuading" someone to do something (something to do with learning about language and using it in a certain way). I wrote to RoadRunner as Wile E's "attorney" persuading him to try and make things up with Wile E as he was "most distressed" by the current situation etc. I included two fake tickets for a holiday for the pair of them and drew a picture of them sunning it on the beach together grin

I still have it somewhere...

aldiwhore Mon 25-Mar-13 19:52:51

If he wasn't hellbent on trying to kill a rare wild bird I think I would say YANBU.

I like him though, maybe we should set up a road runner breeding scheme so that he can legally and legitimately catch roadrunners for a few months of the year?

WorriedMummy73 Mon 25-Mar-13 19:51:36

Yes, he should get to eat that bloody bird, Tom should definitely get to eat Jerry and Syvester needs to end Tweety permanently!

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 19:51:01

I do feel for Tom especially when he comes up against Spike and Son.

Filibear Mon 25-Mar-13 19:50:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Salmotrutta Mon 25-Mar-13 19:47:34

YANBU.

I always liked the Acme dynamite.

Poor Wile E. never caught a break, did he?

Bit like Tom.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 19:47:23

Not just me then - I find myself shouting this has got to work - the children think I'm quite mad!

Wolfcub Mon 25-Mar-13 19:44:42

yanbu I have a lot of sympathy for him

LemonPeculiarJones Mon 25-Mar-13 19:43:27

YANBU. That roadrunner is a smug little git. And Wile E tries so hard and invests so much cash in those Acme products grin It ain't fair!

StayAwayFromTheEdge Mon 25-Mar-13 19:41:49

Just for once I would like to see him win!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now