to ask what happened to?

(66 Posts)
noclue2000 Sun 03-Mar-13 14:38:43

The poster who was really freaked out by her kids New step mum.
The lady whose hubby has a problem with his memory, and her sister was trying to push her out.
The woman who was up for a disaplinary at work over a Willy picture, which was on a shared computer.
The poster who was uninvited at Christmas, by the inlaws while her husband was posted abroad.
The mum who thought the school was wrong to take the kids swimming in January, and was sure they were to blame for her kid being ill.
The husband who was paying for everything, and when his wife started earning, she said he had to carry on.

Any ideas?

catfourfeet. Sorry to hear your situation is ongoing. I think of you often. So sad that you feel you can't seek support because of a few nasty people.

Perhaps they would like to walk in your shoes for a while sad

thornrose Sun 03-Mar-13 20:11:03

Aw thanks Stunt, no real surprise there!

NcNcNcNc Sun 03-Mar-13 20:16:06

the disciplinary one - where I got to was the lady didn't know what was on the computer, she was waiting for a meeting to tell her, she worried it was an Ann Summers email she had clicked on, is that the same one?

I often wonder what happened.

thornrose Sun 03-Mar-13 20:19:53

Nc - the one I'm thinking of got beyond that. She had a mtg and was confronted by a photo of a penis, but it was a shared computer.

NcNcNcNc Sun 03-Mar-13 20:43:17

"confronted by a photo of a penis" grin

cat: Another who never posted on your thread but thinks of you often. I'm sorry to hear that things haven't improved too sad

I remember the disciplinary one too, I hope things ended well there. I wondered what had happened to swimming Mum. Was she just trolling? confused

thornrose Sun 03-Mar-13 20:56:08

Oh shit, I've had a drink, that came out wrong blush

robotpenguin Sun 03-Mar-13 20:59:06

I constantly find myself thinking about a poster who was I think bristol or bath area, who posted a couple of really desperate threads in AIBU. In most recent she had a very new baby and her husband was being hugely unsupportinve and she was miles from parents etc, TBH I can't remember the ins and outs but I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness when I think of her, in last post her DP had friends around downstairs and she was upstairs with newborn and a toddler, ultimately I think he walked out on her. Sometimes she just pops into my head and i hope she's okay!

FrillyMilly Sun 03-Mar-13 21:03:22

The only one that sticks in my head is the chutney one. Glad to hear she's doing ok.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 03-Mar-13 21:04:43

Catfourfeet don't be put off posting if you need to offload. Anyone who objects to posters returning to cover an issue can scroll past or ignore if they have a problem. If they want to sound off you can do likewise. There must be plenty of folk who won't have seen previous posts or have lurked and not yet posted who may have fresh insights. The only thread police should be MNHQ imo.

thornrose Sun 03-Mar-13 21:05:09

Do I mean confronted with? Oh bloody hell, stop drinking and posting Thornrose.

Tee2072 Sun 03-Mar-13 21:09:09

How about just 'shown'? grin

thornrose Sun 03-Mar-13 21:12:06

Why the hell did I use the word confronted? I don't speak like that in real life. Oh dear confused

Catsdontcare Sun 03-Mar-13 21:12:22

I was thinking of you only recently cat please don't be put off posting

Amykins Sun 03-Mar-13 21:19:25

Also jenrose

OhDearieDearieMe Sun 03-Mar-13 21:23:47

I sometimes think of cheeky pickle - she got a right roasting last time she posted the same non-AIBU for the 100th time and for never ever acting on the advice she was given. Thing is she clearly wasn't well. Hope she's getting the help she so very obviously needed.

Amykins Sun 03-Mar-13 21:27:33

I hope so too.

dutchyoriginal Sun 03-Mar-13 21:28:29

Probably noone knows what happened in the end, but every now and then I wonder about the poster whose young teenage DSD was several months pregnant. We all followed along for a couple of weeks, the DSD refused to say who got her pregnant, she refused a termination and I think it was already too late for that by that time.

What was amazing, was how all the mnetters shared advice on how give the sex talk to their children. The OP then changed her name, because she and her family became too identifiable.

CaptainVonTrapp Sun 03-Mar-13 21:52:01

ok I'm going back about 5 years here. But, the woman in Australia with a new baby, no family/support nearby, totally overwhelmed and struggling. She wrote massive emotional posts and many posters really felt a link with her and offered her loads of advice. I think she went to stay in a Mother and baby unit for a while.

Bearcrumble Sun 03-Mar-13 21:57:41

What happened to the family that were going to emigrate to Australia and the mil was going to tag along for the first 6 months but was making all sorts of demands about what kind of house they woukd buy etc and I think dil thought she'd never go home if she came?

Flossyfloof Sun 03-Mar-13 22:33:23

The one I remember is the wife whose husband refused to allow her access to his study and computer when he was not there. The room was locked and she was not allowed a key. She got a bit shirty I think and asked people not to continue posting - but I was/am desperate to know what happened in the end.

Floopy21 Mon 04-Mar-13 09:08:41

I think of that one too flossy. So weird, & with cameras to make sure she hadn't snooped! WHAT WAS IN THERE?!?!

ZolaBuddleia Mon 04-Mar-13 09:11:45

All very trivial, but I found myself wondering the other day how Starlight got on with her Christmas dinner for about a hundred people in the middle of nowhere with no car and no supermarket delivery slots!

letseatgrandma Mon 04-Mar-13 09:32:46

What about the lady last year whose neighbour kept appearing at the door wanting her to look after their child for them before/after school rather than get proper childcare?!

MmeThenardier Mon 04-Mar-13 09:44:59

I sometimes think about that one too flossy. She's probably locked in there too by now... That was a funny one cos she posted it and seemed to expect people to say "oh its fine and normal" and got really unhappy when people suggested it was really odd and unusual. (Although admittedly some people did go over the top with their ideas of what may be in there)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now