Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think it is ridiculous that a woman with 11 kids is getting a £400,000 house for nowt

(1000 Posts)
angelos02 Tue 19-Feb-13 09:59:59

Especially when most working people couldn't never afford to live somewhere costing that much?
Link: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2280385/Home-fit-dole-queen-Mother-11-gets-BRAND-NEW-400-000-house-built-council-shes-struggling-current-homes.html

Auntmaud Tue 19-Feb-13 23:02:15

What's yours?

aufaniae Tue 19-Feb-13 23:02:48

Those of you who think this is a bad idea, what the fuck is supposed to happen to the children?

(Please don't say she shouldn't have had them, I'm talking about these children in this world right now, not hypothetical future people!)

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 19-Feb-13 23:03:12

Auntmaud sneers at Guardian links though - too choc full of actual facts for her liking

5madthings Tue 19-Feb-13 23:04:11

Love the guardian article!!!

midastouch Tue 19-Feb-13 23:04:13

Yes they did annd they paid for them by working

Its just my opinion, she doesn't care what any one of us thinks

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 23:04:42

Really?
That is the best you can come up with?

'whats yours?'

now who is being silly?

LtEveDallas Tue 19-Feb-13 23:04:47

As the thread draws to a close I am happy to say thank FUCK that the decent people, the posters I admire and respect on this website, have shown that I was right in my admiration. I think a little of me would have died if it were not for the decent and well thought out posts amidst the hateful, hurtful and downright disgusting views shown from the DM sycophants.

BlackMaryJanes Tue 19-Feb-13 23:05:22

Your body does not keep changing after each child at the same rate that it did after your first child.

So squeezing all those kids out has had the same impact on her body as me squeezing two out has had on mine? Do you seriously believe that?

LineRunner Tue 19-Feb-13 23:05:23

The Guardian article is excellent. Boody hell. Puts the rarity of this into perspective.

Maybe the frothers need to change their bibs and get out of the DM spoon-fed highchair.

gaelicsheep Tue 19-Feb-13 23:05:31

No they didn't midastouch. A good proportion of the children will have died. Would that satisfy you better?

Auntmaud Tue 19-Feb-13 23:05:48

I read that I while back. I don't actually agree with Ally that because the number of people living like this is small, it doesn't need looking at. But then again I'm unlikely to agree with him!

BlackMaryJanes Tue 19-Feb-13 23:06:06

Can someone link to the Guardian piece please?

jellybeans Tue 19-Feb-13 23:06:35

Why do they always say unemployed if it is a stay home mum! With that many kids it is definitely hard 'work' albeit unpaid. I am a stay home mum of five. That is pretty hard work so can't imagine 11! I don't envy it to be honest even for a new house! We are stopping at five as I can't imagine giving more the time and attention and simply keeping up with house etc. The cost comes in to it also.

This sort of thing will always happen because men can get away with clearing off and not having to pay for their kids, the woman is blamed and slated. Also it is pretty normal for many women to want to have babies and be with them while small. This has always happened but the way society is now hasn't and it doesn't suit everyone. There will always be people 'on the fringes' of what is considered acceptable at a particular time.

Viviennemary Tue 19-Feb-13 23:06:58

Perhaps benefits are topped up to a living wage. But it costs money to work. Transports costs, lunches, clothes and so on. I don't think many people with eleven children could work. Still I expect somebody will be along in a minute to tell me they can. I don't know what the answer is.

LineRunner Tue 19-Feb-13 23:07:25

It was linked already, do keep up.

BlackMaryJanes Tue 19-Feb-13 23:07:49

Bummer. Missed it.

Auntmaud Tue 19-Feb-13 23:07:53

Well, I'm just pleased this Govt is going to tackle benefits and cap them. Very pleased.

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 23:08:31

So Auntmaud? DO you have any experience?

And black I know it. So does 5mad.

Really, go and get some help. It can be sorted.

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 19-Feb-13 23:08:44

how lovely for you smile

LineRunner Tue 19-Feb-13 23:09:12

Viv there are 190 families in the UK with 10 children or more on benefits.

Auntmaud Tue 19-Feb-13 23:09:28

Again Mrs De vere, do you?

midastouch Tue 19-Feb-13 23:09:36

I never said the children should suffer but why should our nhs and police etc be cut because we're spending money on building 400 grand houses for people like this decide that it is their god given right to have as many children as they desire and not pay for them. Thats all i have to say!

aufaniae Tue 19-Feb-13 23:09:44

"Well, I'm just pleased this Govt is going to tackle benefits and cap them. Very pleased."

So you'll be happy to fork out ££££ for housing families in emergency accommodation then?

And for children to be made homeless?

gaelicsheep Tue 19-Feb-13 23:10:36

I suggest you go and have a think about that, read the article again to see what they Council actually did, read the Guardian article and then think some more. smile

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 19-Feb-13 23:10:38

and care bills for all those poor kids who end up there

This thread is not accepting new messages.