Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder why people need to "Survive" school holidays?

(315 Posts)

There are always threads about this. I've been there, done the small child phase. It's hardly life shattering! We have a garden, a playground nearby and a local beach, tv and nearby friends.
I love spending time with my Dcs, but don't feel the need to occupy them for 24 hours a day! Why would you need to survive your own kids? hmm

LadyWidmerpool Wed 20-Feb-13 09:10:14

If you don't feel exactly the same way as I do about everything, why did you even bother having children??

hmc Tue 19-Feb-13 23:32:51

My two fight constantly - hence school holidays are a battleground and I am the beleaguered peace keeping force...so yes, I feel that they are something to be survived and got through

Oblomov, that isn't fabaroony yummy mummying, that is school holiday survival parenting grin

"Maybe you should all have your children adopted. Then you can spend the whole holidays eating malteasers, and not need to survive at all! "

Oh gawd, I read that, was shock and had to scroll up frantically to catch up grin

What I would give to spend a whole holiday in bed with malteasers grin

countrykitten Tue 19-Feb-13 17:55:56

Oblomov that sounds like a perfect day! Makes me wish I was little again!

Oblomov Tue 19-Feb-13 16:09:45

"Going on a mini beast hunt- even snails exist in cities
Bake some cheap flapjack together
Collect leave/ random 'treasure', go home and make a collage- that's half a day and only costs a bit of glue
Build a den
Film afternoon (popcorn/ duvets out)
Painting/ drawing/ play dough
Fill sink with water and let them experiment
Friends over or visit them"

oh yippee-dee-doo-dah.
Aren't you a fabarooney yummy mummy. hmm

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 15:48:45

shock

<reports>

ODFONTAD <<smiles sweetly>>

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 14:27:00

[sigh]

<sticks tongue out at everyone in rather cranky way>

Well if you will be a helicopter parent...

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 14:11:21

Well it is your fault innit?

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 14:08:47

Fuck Off To The Far Side Of Fuck

How do you not know these things? You obviously don't waste spend enough time on here.

Ooh, please...

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 13:55:53

I thought ds1 had broken his foot/ankle/leg. It was blown up like a balloon and he can't put any weight on it.

Anyway, I cancelled my whole morning to take him for an X-ray. Which I had to pay for as the A&E wait time was 6 hours and he won't wait (at all, ever, for anything). So, they think it might be a break, but can't be sure, so he has to go back on Monday but keep all weight off it for the moment.

Apparently it's all my fault for making him go confused. He knew it wasn't broken hmm

Fucker.

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 13:51:45

'tis ok smile

I have a few well quite a few really hobby horses. This is one.

But my post was a bit disappointing acksherly; if you want a deletion notice, I should have taken massive offence, reported you, had a strop and told you to FOTTFSOF.

Would you like me to?

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 13:51:00

Wassup with DS Maryz sad
I am not so keen on DS1 meself. Mind you he won't talk to me either <sigh>

Sorry Maryz! sad
You did see that we were only messing now down you? <<chastened>>

Maryz Tue 19-Feb-13 13:46:04

Ah, now Saggy, now you have overstepped the line.

My children were adopted, and we are very careful to never say "you were placed for adoption because of <insert dodgy reason involving misbehaviour or being too much trouble>.

I have a friend who constantly says to her children "if you don't behave I'm going to give you up for adoption, and it drives me bonkers.

shock

I dislike ds immensely atm, can I say that?

And exactly how do you know THAT? MrsD? hmm

I've seen a good one where the emoji points and rolls about laughing! I love that one! grin

Pagwatch Tue 19-Feb-13 13:36:18

Am not sure you could work maltesers and a bottle of gin into an emoticon.

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 13:35:43

You can hit someone in the face with a fish on nuthunz.

<looks meaningfully at saggy>

Or, a frazzled looking holiday survival emoticon? wink

Maybe you should all have your children adopted. Then you can spend the whole holidays eating malteasers, and not need to survive at all!

Pagwatch Tue 19-Feb-13 13:30:03

Woah!
A crying one?

Fan-fucking-tastic.
I am nearly tempted.

MrsDeVere Tue 19-Feb-13 13:27:27

Frankly so do I sad sad sad <wishes we had a crying one like on Nuthunz>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now