Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Tp think Sinead O'Connor should learn some manners?

(241 Posts)
breadyegg Sun 17-Feb-13 10:00:17

Just saw her on the BBC. How rude was she to that interviewer? She needs a slap...

I like her as an artist. Have ever so slightly gone off her...

VenusStarr Sun 17-Feb-13 10:02:59

Oh my, absolutely YANBU! I just said what an obnoxious person she is. So so rude. Poor guy, it was his first time presenting and she was vile.

Nancy66 Sun 17-Feb-13 10:04:55

she's really horrible - great singer but totally unpleasant human being.

GloryWhole Sun 17-Feb-13 10:05:57

I didn't see the interview - what did she say/do?

Euphemia Sun 17-Feb-13 10:06:09

I just posted in Chat about her! What a prickly cow - she should be bloody glad anyone gives a damn about her nowadays! Poor wee Eddie Mair!

cookielove Sun 17-Feb-13 10:06:35

What she on?

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 17-Feb-13 10:07:10

I didn't see it. I heard her interviewed by Jo Whiley on radio recently, and it was a great interview, she came across reasonably well.

She won't do herself any favours by treating people badly, she's already highly controversial.

Downright rude.

EstherRancid Sun 17-Feb-13 10:08:31

she needs a slap hmm

yeah, that's right - for years she was called all manner of nasty things because of the things she stood up and out for.

turns out now she was right all along

i didn't see the interview btw, but i think your choice of words, OP, are ironic

VenusStarr Sun 17-Feb-13 10:12:17

The guy was interviewing her and asking how she was, inspiration for the album etc and she kept raising her eyebrows, turning to a band member rolling her eyes. At the end sarcastically said well that was the best interview (or words to that effect). She wasn't standing up for what she believes in, just being incredibly rude. If someone asks you a question, you answer.

Rhiannon86 Sun 17-Feb-13 10:16:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

landofsoapandglory Sun 17-Feb-13 10:19:51

She was beyond rude, IMO!

EstherRancid Sun 17-Feb-13 10:21:38

are the references to her past and beliefs not being an excuse for her behaviour today directed at my comment?

i never said they were - i said it was ironic she was being recommended a slap..

tiredemma Sun 17-Feb-13 10:26:56

Ive always thought she was a bit of a twat.

Rhiannon86 Sun 17-Feb-13 10:27:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sun 17-Feb-13 10:33:02

Didn't she have her children taken away from her by irish social services?

I always just thought she was bonkers.

MarmaladeTwatkins Sun 17-Feb-13 10:40:47

I would have thought she was a perfect MN icon; snippy, rude, aggressive, always bleating on about something...

FlouncingMintyy Sun 17-Feb-13 10:42:49

She has serious mental health issues does she not?

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 17-Feb-13 11:09:33

grin@marmaladetwatkins

MrsDeVere Sun 17-Feb-13 11:16:09

I wonder if someone can explain.. I have seen snippets about her being right about the Magdalanes.

Isn't she too young? I am not casting aspersions, I thought she was about my age and that the Magdalanes stopped in the late 70s (ish)

So is she older or did they really continue later than that shock

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

She is an angry woman, thats for sure. Trouble is we tend to like our victims to be forgiving and serene. Triumph though tragedy sort of things.

She doesn't fit that so people will always find her difficult.

Not that it ok to be horrible for the sake of it. I am assuming she is trying to flog her album. Maybe she has not noticed that the public have realised that pop singers don't do chat shows etc for the fun of it? We all know they are doing the rounds..

Dylanlovesbaez Sun 17-Feb-13 11:20:55

But he was so dull, asking crappy questions. I think she's great.

GetOrf Sun 17-Feb-13 11:21:27

MrsD the Magdalene laundries carried on until 1996 - I had not idea (saw it linked on a thread here last week).

I know she is a rude fucker but I have a soft spot for Sinead for some reason. Probably because she is so arsey.

scarletforya Sun 17-Feb-13 11:26:50

She suffers from Bipolar disorder. I am not saying that's an excuse and I didn't see the interview but she's admitted before that she gets very ill at times and really regrets her public outpourings while ill.

Her children have definitely not been taken by Irish SS.

claig Sun 17-Feb-13 11:32:15

I think it was the interviewer's fault.

I think she has little confidence and reads things the wrong way because of that. I like Eddie Mair, but he is an experienced interviewer and should have realised that and dealt with her better.

He aksed her how she was and she said "great, the greatest" etc.
and he then said something like "are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

That was a bad initial question and a terrible followup. It embarrassed her and got her back up which is why she reacted as she did.

He then compounded his error by saying something like the "one optimistic" song on the album, which got her back uop again and she said she thinks there is more than one optimistic thing on the album.

He then compounded his errors even further by saying "so what are we going to hear?" which she read as a sort of order and she reacted again.

He is a great interviewer, but he handled her wrong and should have understood her and phrased things in a different manner.

He walked right into it by the way he dealt with her.

Pan Sun 17-Feb-13 11:32:21

She behaved like an utter twat. Eddie was graciousness itself, having to accommodate for a whinning teenager on a strop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now