To think giving a valentines card to your daughter is a bit weird?

(104 Posts)
FatPenguin Sat 16-Feb-13 21:02:14

MIL got valentines cards for OH to give to his daughters (15 and 12 years old). He refused and said he thought it was a bit odd giving valentines card to your kids. MIL is now in a huff with him.
Do people do this?

Foggles Sun 17-Feb-13 17:26:15

I've got nothing against it but it's not something we have done - or any of our friends / family TBH.

Perhaps it is a more recent practice?

Having said that, people wonder why DH & I get each other easter eggs....

because it's chocolate - that's why! grin

andubelievedthat Sun 17-Feb-13 17:41:16

my fella always sends one 2 a>my sister a complete drama queen (esp. if she does not get one ) and b> my daughter ,not his < who is not a kid>is young adult, because he does not want her to be upset ,privately, if no one else sent one , he writes them with his non writing hand cos he thinks / hopes it disguises his usual handwriting, one of the many reason i luv him is his daft caring re other peoples feelings.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 17-Feb-13 18:56:18

Domestic ah yes I understand, I think I went off on a more generalised tangent with my wittering, as up-thread it was insinuated that it was odd in a pervy way.

Foggles Can I just say, the one celebration I am given nothing for is Easter <sobs> although DD gets far too many eggs and I end up having to help her eat them

Foggles Sun 17-Feb-13 19:40:51

BrianCox I practically had chocolate exchange days written into a prenuptial agreement grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now