Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think giving a valentines card to your daughter is a bit weird?

(104 Posts)
FatPenguin Sat 16-Feb-13 21:02:14

MIL got valentines cards for OH to give to his daughters (15 and 12 years old). He refused and said he thought it was a bit odd giving valentines card to your kids. MIL is now in a huff with him.
Do people do this?

Foggles Sun 17-Feb-13 17:26:15

I've got nothing against it but it's not something we have done - or any of our friends / family TBH.

Perhaps it is a more recent practice?

Having said that, people wonder why DH & I get each other easter eggs....

because it's chocolate - that's why! grin

andubelievedthat Sun 17-Feb-13 17:41:16

my fella always sends one 2 a>my sister a complete drama queen (esp. if she does not get one ) and b> my daughter ,not his < who is not a kid>is young adult, because he does not want her to be upset ,privately, if no one else sent one , he writes them with his non writing hand cos he thinks / hopes it disguises his usual handwriting, one of the many reason i luv him is his daft caring re other peoples feelings.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 17-Feb-13 18:56:18

Domestic ah yes I understand, I think I went off on a more generalised tangent with my wittering, as up-thread it was insinuated that it was odd in a pervy way.

Foggles Can I just say, the one celebration I am given nothing for is Easter <sobs> although DD gets far too many eggs and I end up having to help her eat them

Foggles Sun 17-Feb-13 19:40:51

BrianCox I practically had chocolate exchange days written into a prenuptial agreement grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now