to have eaten...

(443 Posts)
benbobaggins Sun 10-Feb-13 19:11:08

nearly 48 Cadbury creme eggs this weekend? I bought a box on friday and they're nearly all gone blush

benbobaggins Sun 10-Feb-13 23:34:50

I think what people are asking squeaky is why you had to mention my child at all? what has he got to do with my eating habits?

PickledInAPearTree Sun 10-Feb-13 23:35:08

Luckily the OPs child didn't either, so we can all breathe a sign of relief on that one.

realnappiesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 23:48:23

I know someone who ate 24 cream eggs in one sitting so 48 over an entire weekend is not that bad really!

benbobaggins Sun 10-Feb-13 23:54:34

good grief 24 in one sitting, that makes my effort look pitiful grin

PickledInAPearTree Sun 10-Feb-13 23:56:46

Amateur!

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 11-Feb-13 00:02:25

24! Eggsrtodinary.

cityangel Mon 11-Feb-13 00:37:43

So the OP gorged on chocolate in 24 hours, ate meals as well, doesn't have an eating disorder... for some reason wants us to check if she's being unreasonable to eat the chocolate she did... only she can answer that - but really is on a choose when I fast diet as well - why not spend some time off AIBU/ make life less complicated and enjoy regular healthy food/ cooking a new recipe/ cake & a coffee with friends.. I don't think yo-yo eating is the answer

Dryjuice25 Mon 11-Feb-13 01:14:20

I had 3 last week and I felt terrible!
48 should in the Guiness Book of records grin
When I read your op all I could think about was your gut going "..FFS, how am i supposed to handle this goo.." grin

But seriously, thats pushing the envelope a bit do another op after easter so we know how many you've eaten then

Pennybubbly Mon 11-Feb-13 02:02:03

PimpMyHippo: I understand what you're saying, but also, look at it from this point of view:
The OP herself has stated that she's eaten a hell of a load of chocolate in a very short time. If she wasn't asking for a few "well-done you"s, nor asking for opinions on whether she has gone over-the-top, why did she post 'AIBU to have eaten 48 creme eggs'?

Of course some people will think that's outrageous, of course some people will say "you go girl" and of course some people will think it's so outrageous, it suggests that there may be underlying issues like an eating disorder.

What 'way' did you think the thread would go? I think rather than focusing on the impact of what posters are saying, we should be looking at what the OP is saying. What kind of a response to her comment do you think would have been appropriate?

cafecito Mon 11-Feb-13 02:34:19

creme eggs are revolting - that icky stuff in the centre [bleurgh] - 48 bounty bars, kitkat chunkys, vegan choco truffles, lindt mini bars, or mini eggs, preferably the pink or brown ones... any of those would be all good though grin

and what is wrong with 2 bottles of wine in a week?!

That has to be some kind of record OP! I can't quite get my head round how someone can eat so many and actually enjoy them all but each to their own!

ohfunnyhoneyface Mon 11-Feb-13 10:36:15

pimpmyhippo I assure you having a 'socially accepted skinny' ed actually isn't socially acceptable- you just have to endure people feeling they can comment much more openly about your weight- I would bet money I have more people commenting on my size than you do on yours. Five or six times a day I would have people tell me I was too skinny. Too skinny? Ya think? Of course I was, I was restricting and living on 400 calories plus exercise and effectively trying to kill myself. And the comments made me hate myself more.

I hate dismissive comments like yours- ANY ed is hellish as it takes over your life. Overeating, undereating- it doesn't make a difference.

PretzelTime Mon 11-Feb-13 10:45:57

I refuse to believe this. Thinking about eating more than one creme egg makes me nauseous!

PaintedBottom Mon 11-Feb-13 11:22:29

Can I please direct the lovers of the Creme egg to this link if it works...... bakingbites.com/2008/03/cadbury-creme-egg-muffins/

PimpMyHippo Mon 11-Feb-13 16:24:54

I'm sorry ohfunnyhoneyface, that was a very thoughtless thing for me to say - I was quite cross and typed without thinking. I didn't mean it to be offensive or dismissive but I see that it is. I know that any ED is hell, and I shouldn't have implied otherwise - I hope you'll forgive me. thanks (And you're absolutely right about the comments, it's an awful double standard that talking about a big person's size is rude/insensitive but people think it's okay to comment on a thinner person's! angry)

scarletsalt Mon 11-Feb-13 17:41:19

Wow, I have been reading about the 5:2 fasting 'way of eating' on mumsnet, and thought that it sounded quite good. But if shoving in 48 creme eggs on your non fasting days is the reality of it, then its just bollocks like the rest of the diets.

I am also baffled as to what the OP was expecting from this thread. Did you really think that people would say 'oh dont worry about it, I ate 60 packets of walkers cheese and onion crisps on saturday' and you could compare hilarious bingeing stories?

48 CADBURY'S CREME EGGS!!!

specialsubject Mon 11-Feb-13 17:48:23

How the hell do you have a 'relationship with food'???? It is tasty stuff that I eat for my health and because I get hungry if I don't. I have a relationship with life-forms that think.

as for fasting:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/eatwell-plate.aspx

etc...etc...No mention of fasting, low-carb or any of the other nonsense that sells books.

OP asked if it was unreasonable to eat 48 creme eggs in a couple of days. Well...yes. Question answered.

ohfunnyhoneyface Mon 11-Feb-13 17:53:40

Thanks pimpmyhippo- flowers to you too. I hope you find a way to overcome your ed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now