Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to bid up to £100 for a spare favourite toy?

(103 Posts)
NeopreneMermaid Wed 06-Feb-13 11:57:47

My 10mo ds has a discontinued cuddly toy that he needs to get to sleep. He sucks it so after 3 days it stinks to high heaven and needs decontamination washing. Wash day is a nightmare as he has to have at least one nap without it and it needs me with him for 40mins, while 2yo dd is plonked in front of Cbeebies.

In addition to trying every online shop, rl shop and the manufacturer for a spare, I have searched eBAY daily since May using 4 search terms and one has finally come up - start bid was 99p so I put on a safely high max bid of £30shock . Some bugger just outbid me! It originally cost less than a tenner new.

So, would ibu to increase my bid to £40? £60? £100?! If iabu, how much is your child's favourite/needed toy worth to you?

Glad you won it OP - hope your little boy accepts it. Maybe switch it while he's sleeping?

NeopreneMermaid Wed 06-Feb-13 16:32:24

Good call to switch it while he's sleeping. It needs some serious washing and beating up first though!

I do feel ridiculous though but am now tempted to buy every new Jellycat toy that comes out and eBay them 5 years later. This will probably beat all my pension plans.

NeopreneMermaid Wed 06-Feb-13 19:48:46

I can't believe thisbhas happened the same day but DD has lost Bunny this evening (it's somewhere in the house) and we've had to offer one of the seven replacements. She saw the difference but accepted it was one of Bunny's sisters and has happily gone off to bed. I feel £41's worth of vindication.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now