Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

That you disregard dc safety

(81 Posts)
bongobaby Sat 02-Feb-13 10:27:48

Exp has dc on contact visit once a month. He turns up without car seat for dc. I got so fed up of his disregard in keeping dc safe on car journeys that I had it written into the court order that he was to bring a suitible car seat for dc. Is it to much to ask that he pays attention to this ffs its only one time a month. He refuses to go out and buy one. Dc should be properly restrained in a car by law,not just me being difficult as exp puts it.

gimmecakeandcandy Sat 02-Feb-13 19:45:15

You MUST pursue payments from him.

And no more contact until he gets a car seat. Your ds will eventually see him for what he is.

bongobaby Sat 02-Feb-13 19:52:00

The bloke is an arse whom I think is using ds to play his shitty mind games.
Gimme its what I have been doing for years trying to get payment from him, it,s pretty hard when his response is "over my dead body will you get any money out of me".
How dare he tell ds that he can sell things from our house just what sort of twat is he? And its plain to see that he had (mine from last time) a car seat all along just wants to make me look bad infront of ds if I say no you can,t go with daddy with no car seat knowing that he had it all along...

spiritedaway Sat 02-Feb-13 23:14:30

Yes he should but he isn',. so you have to.He has an easy way to wind you up. Don't bite. Put your kid first and rise about it

spiritedaway Sat 02-Feb-13 23:15:39

Eh ? What the what? Phone are you serious?

delilahlilah Sun 03-Feb-13 11:57:07

Some of them have this mind set that they are giving you money for yourself, not for the child. My Ex does this and says 'but you get child benefit, you shouldn't need anything else'.... yes, because that goes so far towards the cost of bringing up a child angry
I am trying to live with the idea that the financial sitaution is the cost of gettting rid of the twat, and I have as little to do with him as possible. Occasionally however, I lose the plot. Like you, it was DV etc, but I am now in the position that I am no longer afraid of him. Him realising that has changed things. Bullies are cowards underneath, and he is afraid that you are no longer his to control.

frustratedworkingmum Sun 03-Feb-13 11:59:59

Christ on a bike - i feel sorry for your kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now