To keep using the wheelie bin my neighbour has stole from me

(89 Posts)
MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:32:27

Hers went missing, bins are in a communal area as its flats, she has taken mine pulled it up to her house and put it behind her car.

Only I can see my number in huge letters staring at me.

diddl Fri 01-Feb-13 12:54:57

Take it back!

My paper bin went missing once.

It had snowed & the tracks could be followed!

WorraLiberty Fri 01-Feb-13 12:55:20

Just nip over quietly

Grab the bin and scream Vae Victis! while punching the air...

Longdistance Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:31

Get it back. She probably nicked ours as some councils charge for a new bin. Cheeky bastards!!!!

5Foot5 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:39

CadleCrap
"Are you in No 6 and is she in No 9? "

But all the rubbish would fall out then.

Sugarice Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:40

Go On OP, the collective gang of Mumsnet is right behind you grin .

Get the bin, get the bin, get the bin! < chanting and pumping fist>

Viviennemary Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:45

Take it back. Paint your name on it. And Hands off. The cheek of some people. I thought somebody had taken ours and replaced it with a smaller one. I stopped short of getting out a measuring tape. But I think I must have been imagining things. What is it about wheelie bins!

HecateWhoopass Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:58

go and knock on the door! grin

Can I just ask you to shift your car a bit so I can get my bin back. The bin men have put it over there by mistake.

Who cares if she's got people over? She's maybe more likely to pretend that she didn't know about it if she's got an audience. grin

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 13:00:14

Nobody nicks our bins - they're the only ones that don't get steam cleaned.

One of them is also a bit melted after DH got over enthusiastic with the chiminea.

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 13:00:29

She will know I know the bin men didnt put it there because they just dump then on the main road and I put them all back in communal area. Intact it only moved this morning cause I used it on school run.

DragonQueen Fri 01-Feb-13 13:01:38

Does anyone else have a big advert for wheelie bins on the side of their screen? 'Lowest priced wheelie bins on the web - only £39' grin

Oh the irony!

Perhaps you should print the advert out and pop it through your neighbour's door OP?? grin A helpful hint, like.

atthewelles Fri 01-Feb-13 13:01:42

Just knock on her door and say 'Sorry, I think my bin was left here by mistake. Could someone move their car for a sec while I move it back. Thanks a mill <big smile>. Unless she's a total nutter, she'll just do as you ask or offer to bring it back over when her visitors are gone.

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 13:01:50

You took the kids to school in a wheelie bin? confused

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 13:01:59

I wonder if this is payback for dds violin practice...

HecateWhoopass Fri 01-Feb-13 13:02:09

I know she will know it.

You know she will know it.

She knows it.

It's a nice way of saying give me my bin back you thieving sod. Giving her the face saver of it being someone else's mistake.

While you know and she knows you know and you know she knows you know.

grin

hopefully, it means she won't try it again.

HecateWhoopass Fri 01-Feb-13 13:03:01

hang on. school run? [boggle]

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 13:04:04

grin no I put a bag in it as I left for school run.
I'm going to go for it after I've eaten.

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 13:05:26

Okay. Eat for strength and then we are all behind you OP.

hugoagogo Fri 01-Feb-13 13:12:49

Some bastard has taken my recycling box for the third time!

It is some comfort to me that I had left it outside a bit longer, because there was cat shit stuck to the bottom. heh heh

Yes, just take it back!

NatashaBee Fri 01-Feb-13 13:12:54

You took the kids to school in a wheelie bin?

Crying with laughter. I hope you get your bin back OP, some people take the piss! When we moved out of our old house, we got a bill for rubbish disposal a couple of weeks afterwards because everyone dumped their crap in our old recycle bin and the council refused to take it as it wasn't glass or plastic.

Aspiemum2 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:14:00

5foot5 - your comment made me splutter my tea everywhere! grin

You have to go and get it back, Mumsnet are waiting grin

bedmonster Fri 01-Feb-13 13:21:20

chanie we get charged £50 for a new wheelie bin if it gets lost or damaged! Some dickhead put a firework in my Mums one and it melted and had holes in and she still had to pay for a new one!

TeamEdward Fri 01-Feb-13 13:23:49

Have you gone yet? grin
<marks place>

MarianForrester Fri 01-Feb-13 13:24:00

Yes, get it back <punches air in inspiring American style manner>

Our neighbours took ours and we didn't pluck up the courage to get it back, cos it wasn't marked. Although be fact they then had three bins bit of a giveaway... But still despise myself for it: you can be better than me!

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 13:25:00

Its possible she reads mumsnet.

I walked past and looked pointedly at my bin, as she had her mates where at door, I then stomped to the bin area and to see if hers was there. When it was I walked back towards her house , before I said anything she said "are you looking for a certain bin"

I said yes but seeing you've filled it I will using your empty one for fortnight then you can have it hack.

[childish]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now