AIBU to think this is not on (next online shopping)

(54 Posts)

I have never ordered from next before but wanted a pair of jeans and decided to put the order through on there.

I pressed checkout and got to the part where it says something like " Open an account and get free delivery if you select to receive a directory £3.75" will be billed at a later date.
I dont want to open an account since Im trying to keep my good credit and so I selected to pay for delivery thinking this would make it a simple pay by card affair.

So I click submit the next page says "sorry we have been unable to open an account for you at this time".
WTF I dont WANT an account?

So they seem to have run a credit check anyway? I had a google and from what I have read they do seem to run a credit check if you register on the site. This is NOT clear on the website at ALL. I am going to be really upset if this shows up on my credit history we are in the middle of applying for a mortgage and I dont really want credit searches appearing/

All I wanted was a £28 pair of jeans!

AIBU or are next underhanded bastards?

gwenniebee Mon 28-Jan-13 22:02:08

I've never shopped on there for that very reason.

DieWilde13 Mon 28-Jan-13 22:18:45

Exactly the same happened to me, too.
I ordered online from them just the once and also don't use their shops any more. What an abysmal approach to online shopping!

TheCraicDealer Mon 28-Jan-13 22:28:24

They really do have a bizarre attitude towards their customers- how many of us here have said the insistence on opening accounts puts us off ordering?

Even when you're a stoke like me and think you'll open one just to get a discount then pay it off, they still somehow scam you into ordering catalogues or whatever. It looks underhand, grabby and irresponsible. Their big petite range is the only thing going for them in my eyes.

Pandemoniaa Mon 28-Jan-13 22:55:28

pandemoniaa-it is not a credit account as such. Every month i get a statement showing my items purchased, and I pay off in full with my barclaycard on line

But that is a credit account. I realise that you pay your Next account off in full every month but for all that, you are still using a credit account even if you don't take advantage of the credit facilities. I want to be able to order online and pay for things then and there not be tied into some arrangement whereby I get a bill at the end of the month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now