To want to punch this grannie in the face

(182 Posts)
debbie1412 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:49:37

We go to a stay and play every Thursday morning, usual thing toys for 90 mins then a few songs with instruments to finish the session. Every single wk this boy a year older than my son dives in the box and pulls out the 1 accordion. My son every wk wants ago on this instrument, the boy claims it. Then drops it to run off and play else where. His nan knows how much my son wants ago on it but she holds it out of reach from my son. It's so cruel his little lip drops. I would never let my child hog a toy wk in and out. Makes my blood boil !

WhateverTrevor Thu 24-Jan-13 21:50:38

Just ask politely for it, rather than punch her in the face.

Mutt Thu 24-Jan-13 21:51:33

Ever thought of giving her a big smile and asking her for it so your DS can have a go?

You sound lovely by the way.

Pagwatch Thu 24-Jan-13 21:51:37

Why don't you just ask for it?

PurpleStorm Thu 24-Jan-13 21:51:43

Have you asked her if your son can play with it?

I don't think punching is advisable.

Why haven't you asked her for it if her child isn't playing with it?

Maybe you need to grow a pair!

ComposHat Thu 24-Jan-13 21:52:56

Yes...ask.

Otherwise don't be so unpleasant. If you can't bring yourself politely, it may be a salutory lesson for your son that you can't have exactly what you want when you want it in lige, however much you pull your 'woe is me' face.

exoticfruits Thu 24-Jan-13 21:53:24

Put your hand out, as if you expect to receive it, and ask her to pass it to you.

AntimonySalts Thu 24-Jan-13 21:53:27

Why not just politely ask her if your son may have a turn?

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Thu 24-Jan-13 21:53:50

Can't you ask her in a friendly voice if your dc can have the toy now that hers has finished with it?

usualsuspect Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:03

YABU to want to punch a granny in the face over a toy.

ll31 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:33

Ask her, or stand beside the box amdahl get it before her son does or place ur son in position to get it. .... plus grow up

MrsKeithRichards Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:36

Fuck that, just punch her.

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:40

Have you actually asked for it?

Head but her instead.

andtheycalleditbunnylove Thu 24-Jan-13 21:55:47

buy your own.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

(Twice)

LynetteScavo Thu 24-Jan-13 21:57:40

Read the OP, people. debbie1412 only wants to punch granny in the face, she hasn't said she will actually do it. (Saves debbie posting this in ten minutes time)

If the nan is holding it when her grandson is playing, why don't you just ask her for it? confused <<waits for debbie1412 to explain about anxiety issues>>.

VinegarDrinker Thu 24-Jan-13 21:59:26

Can't you or your DS just pick it up when the other boy 'drops it to run off and play elsewhere.' confused

CloudsAndTrees Thu 24-Jan-13 22:01:09

If he drops it, why can't you just use it then?

NoelHeadbands Thu 24-Jan-13 22:02:59

You've got 90 minutes to locate said accordion before music time, and secrete it about your person.

As an extra touch of flair, you could whip it out and use it to make that Wah Wah Wah Wahhh tune when they look about them, puzzled and sad that its not in the box

stifnstav Thu 24-Jan-13 22:03:28

Rugby tackle the bitch!

LittleChimneyDroppings Thu 24-Jan-13 22:05:15

Dropkick the rancid old bitch to the ground and wrestle it from her.

Or just ask politely if your son can take a turn now.

Just pick it up when he drops it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now