To wonder what other posters do that really annoy you?

(1000 Posts)
atthewelles Thu 24-Jan-13 10:49:28

For me it would probably be:

Not reading the OP properly and going off on a tangent
Pulling a thread totally OT in order to have a two way jokey conversation with someone else that goes on for pages and pages
Looking up someone's posting history and saying 'well on 5th April 2006 you said this and now you're saying that.

ShellyBobbs Thu 24-Jan-13 11:17:44

Know it all gob shites annoy me, but not as much as people who post their outrage on an obvious piss taking thread amuse me. smile

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:17:55

Hey Bups

Love ya hunni xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:18:36

Amykins it's not as bad as 'non'? at the end of a point.

Every time I read that I want to kick kittens.

pictish Thu 24-Jan-13 11:18:47

The thing I hate the very most is when a poster gets all emotional blackmaily on our arses.

Poster posts about a dilemma or whatever...then is told she is in the wrong, and should possibly look at why she has reacted the way she has. Then you get the whole 'I'm having a really hard time right now, and you have all really upset me, and I'm going to leave mumsnet because I can't handle everyone being horrible to me because it's just making me feel worse, and I'm dead upset now and I'm crying and it's all your fault, you nasty people"

Fuck off then...I'm not responsible for your emotional wellbeing...see if I care!

It happens a lot on these forums. Call me hard hearted...but anyone who tries to pin the blame for their emotional state on a forum cannot be helped.

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 24-Jan-13 11:19:22

People that don't RTFT, especially on AIBU, where the Op graciously admitted that actually she was being unreasonable five pages back.
You don't have to read the whole thread, just skim though and look at the Op's highlighted posts.
Oh and I've just seen Bupcakes post, so what she said.

peeriebear Thu 24-Jan-13 11:20:17

When an OP is clearly trying to be balanced and fair in a difficult situation and shit-stirring arseholes come on to post one line posts such as "you sound a right charmer", "OP you sound mean and bitchy" "I'm glad you're not MY friend/DIL/stepmum".

ifancyashandy Thu 24-Jan-13 11:20:37

People who say 'WIBU to bring a cake / my child / whatever to the party' instead of 'take'.

People who say 'Sorry but....' It's violently passive aggressive and makes me think the poster is Gail Platt - smug and a Daily Fail reader.

When posters say 'End of' and 'Your child, your rules'.

BupcakesAndCunting Thu 24-Jan-13 11:22:29

Luffs u 2 Hully mah main biatch xxxx

"Now I'm no racist/sexist/disablist" followed by blatant racist/sexist/disablist witterings.

Merrylegs Thu 24-Jan-13 11:22:32

replying to posters by bolding their names.

Adding @ to a poster's name. This ain't twitter.

Roseformeplease Thu 24-Jan-13 11:22:39

People who immediately jump in saying it has been done before or "Yawn" when someone may not have been here since dinosaurs roam the earth, and may want to raise something, or may not know it is a popular topic.

The Nobdie threads - I just don't get them at all and do stay away but tried for ages to work out what they were about before giving up.

Get picked for testing things that I applied for and didn't get (bastards - I am looking at you, Dyson people).

People who can't spell and punctuate and yet use a WRITTEN forum.

gwenniebee Thu 24-Jan-13 11:23:11

When someone asks for help or advice on something very obvious and specific and it isn't given because people are too busy pointing out a petty and irrelevent error in the op.

KirstyoffEastendersweirdtoplip Thu 24-Jan-13 11:24:00

Haha, good point Bupcakes! D'oh!

I couldn't think of anything at the time but I'm borderline obsessed with Kirsty's face and hair.

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:24:05

People who get my name wrong.
Hey Hilly.

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:24:15

I'm getting a little bit irked at the sudden influx of threads in Chat with the title....

"Talk to me about (insert subject)"

It's like we've been taken over by Terry Tibbs from Phonejacker

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 24-Jan-13 11:26:08

I agree with Hully and Bups ^^ right up there

pictish Thu 24-Jan-13 11:27:01

Oh God yes...I do dislike those that ognore the content of an op to point out spelling mistakes or bad grammar, or to bitch about text speak.

Rude rude RUDE. And pompous!

pictish Thu 24-Jan-13 11:27:29

ognore? I mean ignore of course.

Trolls who aren't funny. That gives me a total MN downer.

I agree with you SkiingGardener - I hate this thing of only putting half the information in a title followed by......

So the title will be 'AIBU to be furious about.....' and you have to open up the thread to find out what it's about, invariably to find its about something very dull.

The point of a title is so we can decide what to read, not to give us a teaser!

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 11:28:52

- Pedants.
- definitely the emotional blackmailers
- posters who are scared to have an opinion and actually disagree with anyone so tie themselves up in knots trying to agree with all sides. (Actually no, thats quite entertaining.)
- sneering. It gives me the rage.

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:29:01

People who ask advice about paint/floor tiles in the middle if a thread about rescuing donkeys. Tut.

fuzzysnout Thu 24-Jan-13 11:29:22

Posters who ignore the fact that the OP is being a bitch just because she's MN royalty.

People who post without reading the OP properly & end up asking stupid questions. E.g. OP : DP doesn't like my 5 yr old DD
Poster: How old is your DD OP?

Posters who get school years muddled up with ages e.g. OP 'my DS is in yr7, should I let him go to the cinema with a friend?
Poster: 'I cant believe you would let two 7 yr olds go to the cinema alone!'

Sycophants.

Posters who <wave> to each other.

Anyone who mentions popcorn or hard hats.

Oops - didn't realise I was quite so uptight blush

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Thu 24-Jan-13 11:30:10

People who reply to another poster but don't actually quote what they've said. Means I then have to scroll back to find out what I've missed. If it's a fast moving thread, it's annoying.

Another one here wondering what mansplaining is - could someone tell please?

This thread is not accepting new messages.