to wonder why bored twats want to troll a site like Mumsnet, of all things.

(162 Posts)
GetOrf Sun 20-Jan-13 19:07:33

'Let's go and wind up some mums'

Aside from the deliberate and nasty trolling of the feminist board, what possesses people to come over here on the wind up?

Is it really that thrilling to get a load of potentially outraged responses from a load of strangers?

Wankers.

TheHumblePotato Sat 11-Apr-15 18:45:22

The trolls and wind-ups I can accept, there will be a bit of that on every web forum and its usually quite obvious how twattish they are. I'm more wtf about people who concoct elaborate stories, drawing everyone in and then the lie slowly starts to unfold or hear-ye hear-ye! Twas a reverse! That's a lot more wankerish IMHO.

Yarp Sat 11-Apr-15 18:44:56

Think that outraged responses encourage this, though. We are our own worst enemies on here

slithytove Sat 11-Apr-15 18:42:12

Got all excited at seeing sm post on the first page, then realised it was a zombie thread sad

Chuckitinthefuckitbucket Sat 11-Apr-15 18:40:45

A lot of mumsnetters tend to seemingly enjoy winding people up...

Tobyjugg Sat 11-Apr-15 18:33:55

It has to be said that out of all the sites I read and post on, MN seems to be the easiest to get a response from. On many other sites a troll is just ignored. On MN you can almost guarantee that someone will respond.

If that is what you're after MN is the place to be.

derxa Sat 11-Apr-15 18:28:46

Not relevant but love pp's name 'glaikitfizzog' Gon' yersel hen!

Ihavenobrain Sat 11-Apr-15 18:08:17

Oh dear. What weirdos.
They really need to do more in life.
Too much time on their hands smile

phewIdidit Fri 10-Apr-15 21:15:26

I have posted a number of posts on Mumsnet - some quite flippant but others important issues that I really wanted to hear a range of views on. I don't particularly mind if someone has a completely different take on a situation to me, in fact it is sometimes quite helpful and eye opening - that surely is one of the reasons for posting. I think it says alot about the person
who trolls changes are they are a person with either deep psychological issues or very very angry why else would you bother.

BertieBotts Fri 10-Apr-15 21:01:57

Ihave Well I guess you have nothing to fear from zombies, if you have no brain, they wouldn't be interested grin

A troll is a wind up merchant, basically. Just internet speak for wind up merchant.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 10-Apr-15 21:01:01

Might be an old thread but it is very relevant at the moment.

Jacobsmum1972 Fri 10-Apr-15 20:59:25

It's the obvious pathetic ones that don't bother me. You know it's a troll and don't waste your time posting. The ones that create fake issues are ones I loath, people share and take time to give advice and you are just wasting their time and people who are asking for genuine advice.

Ihavenobrain Fri 10-Apr-15 20:32:09

Oh yeh!!
I didn't notice. Can't remember now what I was searching.

Sparklingbrook Fri 10-Apr-15 20:26:37

You bumped the thread from 2 years ago Ihave. What were you searching for?

Ihavenobrain Fri 10-Apr-15 20:24:19

Totally confused and left out hmm
Oh well

popalot Fri 10-Apr-15 14:19:16

hahaha, sucked in by another zombie thread. Even with pictures of zombies. How clever.

popalot Fri 10-Apr-15 14:14:25

Life's weirdos. It won't just be mumsnet. It'll be all sorts of forums. And real life too, incapable of having relationships without controlling people. I imagine they cause trouble wherever they go in life.

Sparklingbrook Fri 10-Apr-15 14:10:52

Yay another Zombie thread. grin

maras2 Fri 10-Apr-15 14:09:23

As bair so cleverly puts it ' 2 YEAR OLD ZOMBIE THREAD '

usualsuspect333 Fri 10-Apr-15 14:05:08

I miss Getorf

CrispyFern Fri 10-Apr-15 14:04:12

I thought scottishmummy was back then for a minute sad

Bair Fri 10-Apr-15 13:54:28

Ihavenobrain Fri 10-Apr-15 12:59:11

Sorry but what actually is trolling?
When people make things up? How do you know? ��

Ihavenobrain Fri 10-Apr-15 12:58:39

Sorry but what actually is trolling?
When people make things up? How do you know? ��

amillionyears Mon 21-Jan-13 12:27:19

For some reason, I assume most of them are males.
Mind you, works the other way round as well.
Perhaps I should have just said partners.

amillionyears Mon 21-Jan-13 12:26:13

I wonder if they tell any girlfriends, that they are trolls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now