to wonder why bored twats want to troll a site like Mumsnet, of all things.

(139 Posts)
GetOrf Sun 20-Jan-13 19:07:33

'Let's go and wind up some mums'

Aside from the deliberate and nasty trolling of the feminist board, what possesses people to come over here on the wind up?

Is it really that thrilling to get a load of potentially outraged responses from a load of strangers?

Wankers.

Cortana Sun 20-Jan-13 20:32:52

Only here for the deletion message TBH....

prettypolly1 Sun 20-Jan-13 20:33:23

I have seen the drugs thread.

If that is a troll whoever came up with it needs to find something better to do with their time.

Trolls cannot understand that what they do/say may upset others. IT's just not right.

scottishmummy Sun 20-Jan-13 20:33:47

troll,makes stuff up or deliberately provocative to get reaction
best ignored.mnhq advice is always ignore

RandallPinkFloyd Sun 20-Jan-13 20:35:00

Oh, did we get invaded again?

I missed it. I always miss stuff. I really should pay more attention.

I feel bad that I wasn't listing when they took valuable time away from World of Warcraft (or whatever it is they normally do) to come here and be hysterically funny.

It's a bit like when a child pulls a funny face and shouts mum mum mum mum mum mum mum mum, and by the time you turn round they've given up and are just stood there looking all demoralised.

AnyFucker Sun 20-Jan-13 20:35:21

well, every single time I have done the "wtf" response I have been proved right

MN users as a whole need to tune their bullshitometer...for some it is seriously fucked

for those with a reputation of being a hard assed d...see how many threads they are on where they got a "you are so mean, nest of vipers" backlash

and see how many of those threads got deleted for being "outside of talk guidelines"

there was one just yesterday...a few naive people rocked up to say "you are being mean"

within an hour the thread was gone

happens time and time again

AnyFucker Sun 20-Jan-13 20:35:46

hard assed poster

GetOrf Sun 20-Jan-13 20:36:33

Lots of oddbod threads today.

Just end up ignoring half the bollocks, look hmm at it and leave the thread looking for someone normal to talk to.

Reaa Sun 20-Jan-13 20:36:38

Thank you Scottishmummy

GetOrf Sun 20-Jan-13 20:37:46

I just read that post - seems that calling someone droopy drawers is really upsetting. grin

Nigel, is that you?

manicbmc Sun 20-Jan-13 20:38:08

Randall, I like to play World of Warcraft. Most of the people I know who play are over 25 and wouldn't bother taking time out to troll a parenting site.

Minecraft - now that's different.

RandallPinkFloyd Sun 20-Jan-13 20:40:09

Oops, soz manic grin

manicbmc Sun 20-Jan-13 20:40:58

grin

So which rock forum did they crawl out from under come from this time? Are their forums just too dull?

Also, I spent ages (all of 30 seconds) making a very funny version of google translate for that last thread and it got deleted before everyone got to see it sad

ps. more like CoD than WoW <games snob>

Cortana Sun 20-Jan-13 20:45:26

Agreed Manic, WOW is a world of fun, why pull away to go troll someones Mam? grin There are monsters to be killed there, quests to be completed, pandas to protect!

Portofino Sun 20-Jan-13 20:46:04

This is the internet. Some people share stuff that they just should not, in response to some threads. I think people think oh, MN, nice and fluffy and about babies and all, and there are some DEAD ODD threads where people seem to be queuing up to share their experiences. This IS NOT compulsory.

montage Sun 20-Jan-13 20:47:38

I think some people have an idea about what "kind of person" posts on MN, and for some reason they feel the need to seek attention from/wind-up the sort of person they are picturing. The media stereotype of "the typical mumsnetter" probably triggers them. Although they are trying to get a response from an imaginary stereotype in most cases.

Or perhaps they are just hungry and like the biscuits.

manicbmc Sun 20-Jan-13 20:49:33

Cortana, dailies to do. Raids to complete. grin

AnyFucker Sun 20-Jan-13 20:50:36

There is some serious oversharing goes on here. Most of it not real. Som eof it is real...and the most concerning of all.

ResolutelyCheeky Sun 20-Jan-13 20:51:46

I saw it murder, it was good grin

SkeletonButterfly Sun 20-Jan-13 20:51:51

I want to see the MNHQ deletion message grin

atacareercrossroads Sun 20-Jan-13 20:52:35

Server must be down on COD

ResolutelyCheeky grin

"I want to see the MNHQ deletion message"

On this thread or the other? On the other it just said "trollhunting", lazy effort I thought wink

baremadness Sun 20-Jan-13 21:01:07

Portofino you are quite right that sharing is not compulsory. The problem with that is that for people who have gone throught hard times i.e. most people at some point they realise how lonely those times can be.

Trying to help someone through similar circumstances, so they are not so alone treading the path, can be such a grwat comfort to both parties.

Trolls make people reluctant to sharr and support and that could be taking a lifeline away from people really in need.

This lot are fuck abouts and fairly obvious ones at that. They are not the worst kind of troll but they are an iritating reminder.

HoneyDragon Sun 20-Jan-13 21:11:59

I like over sharing. Over sharing results in Cunt worms. And they are funny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now