to think this is not a present..

(55 Posts)
mamamibbo Thu 03-Jan-13 21:05:00

its a 'big' birthday mid january, ive been after a tablet for ages, dh didnt get me a xmas present because i was getting a big birthday present ..

hes just told me i can upgrade my phone contract in february and get a tablet as the free gift in that with my new phone (that'll probably sell since i like my phone) and hes going to do the same so we can both have tablet and the laptop can be for my business (that was my idea, we only have one computer and i need it at night when he wants to use it sometimes)

so now im getting what i asked for, 3 weeks late so thats my present sorted?

what do you reckon?

diddl Sat 05-Jan-13 16:12:32

TBH, I don´t get the-"I spent so much, & he must also, I bought something & therefore he must"

If the tablet was essentially free, I´d be happy with a meal out.

I can´t spend for the sake of it.

If that makes me a tightarse, so be it!

mercibucket Sat 05-Jan-13 16:33:02

That's such a lame argument, ohlimppricks. Because some other posters can't afford a tablet, the op should be happy she's getting one? We should all be happy we've got food and a roof over our heads and not bother posting about anything else then?

Did other people miss the bit where they're both going to get a tablet? He gets one for being special. She gets one for her joint b'day xmas present.

diddl Sat 05-Jan-13 16:42:22

But if hes also getting a tablet-that can be his next bday present if OP wishes.

OP-if you want something else-tell him!

Sell the tablet if you don´t want it!

or post it to Germany

fuzzpig Sat 05-Jan-13 16:44:14

He gets one for being special. She gets one for her joint b'day xmas present.

Exactly - she gets one in place of Xmas and birthday presents, he gets one AND birthday and Xmas presents. This is not very fair.

twentythirteen Sat 05-Jan-13 16:45:29

It sounds lazy to me. If you want a tablet and can upgrade soon and get one that way then that seems a perfectly sensible for you to do, but it isn't a present form him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now