Why Un Mumsnet hugs???

(47 Posts)
Clarabell78 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:30:11

Aren't you supposed to give hugs on here?? I don't understand!

AmberLeaf Mon 31-Dec-12 10:56:40

I don't mind hugs, I do feel a bit silly writing it down and even sillier writing 'unmumsnetty hug' though.

It's just a way to show you care, Not a sign of weakness!

I like real life hugs, but not from everyone you meet.

(((((everyone)))))

OneWellAndTrulyCrackeredMummy Mon 31-Dec-12 10:49:37

A sparkly ticker is an automated thing that appears if you have a signature (on other sites). Its usually a long line with a photo of child or cutesy drawing of child with wording along the lines of 'Little Man is 2 years, 4 months, 21 days, 8 hours, 7 minutes 3 seconds old'. There is usually glitter involved along with other dreadful 'so cute' drawings or animation & they are eye catching & hard to ignore!

everlong Sun 30-Dec-12 19:22:03

Yep the bereavement board is another one where hugs are welcome.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 30-Dec-12 19:19:48

Hugs are fine on the SN board. TBH, on a supportive board they are often needed. I never excuse them if I (((hug))).

SugaricePlumFairy Sun 30-Dec-12 19:18:42

What a load of fuckin shite!

I gave a mahoosive hug on another thread to someone who really needed it!

I hugged hard and I'm proud.

Bite me !!!!!!! grin

everlong Sun 30-Dec-12 18:39:44

A sparkly ticker is a thing a the bottom of your page with your name on and maybe something saying ' lil bubz is 3 yrs 8 months 6 days etc ' or whatever in a cute bright cartoon thing..

thegreylady Sun 30-Dec-12 17:46:31

What is a sparkly ticker please?
I dont do lols,huns or bubs but have been known to offer the occasional cyber hug though rarely on here-you never know when a vipeer will strike if you get touchy feely with it grin

Lueji Sun 30-Dec-12 16:19:03

There are usually enough hugs on Relationships, for some reason. smile

Not so much on AIBU.

everlong Sun 30-Dec-12 16:18:36

People try too hard on here.

Just be yourself. Not what you think you should be like.

Some people on here are posting from a dire, totally shit situation.
A hug from one of us might help them a bit. Knowing someone is arsed.

OverlyYappyAlways Sun 30-Dec-12 15:56:59

Oh I love seeing my boys hug every night before bed, then hug me that's okay and makes all mushy and nice every night, after a day of fighting usually!

I need to be a bit more approachable tbh! hug wise...

usualsuspect3 Sun 30-Dec-12 15:50:58

Friends

VestaCurry Sun 30-Dec-12 15:50:58

When I returned to Mumsnet after not being on here for about 6 years, I was actually sad that ((hugs)) had become unmumsnetty (we used to hug a lot, didn't like sparkly tickertapey stuff but a good old hug was fine). And....I was truly shock and still am about the word 'cunt' being used everywhere. Honestly, it's awful, but I haven't left in a huff because of it grin.

Was there some sort of 'cunt' watershed in my absence and when was it?

usualsuspect3 Sun 30-Dec-12 15:49:53

My DS hugs all his friend all the time.

I think it's lovely.

everlong Sun 30-Dec-12 15:48:28

You can do want you want OP.

I actually cringe when see the quote ' un mumsnetty hug ' hate it.

If you want to hug someone do it. I do. Couldn't give a toss if it's naff or not ((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) wink

ArkadyRose Sun 30-Dec-12 15:48:01

Another non-hugger here. I've been known to slap away unwanted pawing hands on occasion. I just don't understand people who feel this bizarre urge to be touching all the time.

amillionyears Sun 30-Dec-12 15:47:58

As an aside, are the young people much more gushing than the middle aged generation all over the country or just in the area I live in [not saying where]

amillionyears Sun 30-Dec-12 15:45:57

Hug hug hug

OverlyYappyAlways Sun 30-Dec-12 15:43:21

My family know not to hit me with the love talk, they have moved onto dying talk now hmm, they know I don't like to be touch much! I blame it on my first pregnancy, someone touched my tummy! angry

usualsuspect3 Sun 30-Dec-12 15:34:38

Theres alway been sneaky hugs on MN for as long as I've been here.

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 30-Dec-12 15:33:43

grin Well done!

<pisses knickers slightly>

fragola Sun 30-Dec-12 15:28:16

I've given a hug or two on here. Never really lived it down.

ShowOfHands Sun 30-Dec-12 15:24:55

I married into a family of huggers. And kissers. And declarers. They say I love you all the blooming time. I can't say it back at all. I manage a fond "well done" and then back the fuck away.

ShowOfHands Sun 30-Dec-12 15:22:05

People never used to hug on here. It's all over the place now.

I don't hug. I prefer not to be touched tbh. If a colleague started pawing at me or rubbing parts of me, I'd do Unspeakable Things to them.

On MN you don't get a hug, you get a jab in the eye and an order to get a grip. This is as much a kindness as all that stroking, fawning crap people do. Well it used to be like that. The hugs are taking over.

OverlyYappyAlways Sun 30-Dec-12 15:21:31

I'm fine with Dc just people! grin

FrazzleRock Sun 30-Dec-12 15:20:55

Huggy. Not buggy. I don't want bugs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now