To ask if schools get extra money for being top of league tables

(5 Posts)
Caitycat Thu 13-Dec-12 13:25:26

No, in fact often "good" schools get less money because they are doing fine already and the money is pumped into less successful schools. That is why so many schools are becoming academies so they get all their money direct without it being redistributed by the local authority. Schools do get per capita money though so being popular will bring more in.

riverboat Thu 13-Dec-12 13:21:04

I think you might be likely to get sponsorship and stuff from the private sector? I went to a top of the league tables state school, and there seemed to be lots of sponsored prizes at prize day, incentive schemes etc.

I also imagine that for the heads/management there are huge incentives career-wise for turning a school around or successfully maintaining a top performing school.

But there is no financial incentive or reward?

I know what you mean about parents though, DD's school is wonderful if your dc are average or above and have no sen. A G&T child would do amazing there, just do not be below average or have sen [bitter]

redskyatnight Thu 13-Dec-12 13:07:07

They get the parents who think league tables are the be all and end all fighting to get places there the next year?

Or reward in some way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now